Wednesday, August 03, 2011

look who's back, back again, lala back, tell a friend...


Well if you are reading this, that means you found and made your way to my new blog, WELCOME! I first lunched Simplest Form of an Elle in 2008, blogger instantly became my home and I met so many wonderful blogges/friends. So why the name/url change.. Well it's simple, many of you notice that I haven't updated, even after TWO separate "come-backs" it didn't last long, I just couldn't get into it... But I still have been in blogger mode, taking pictures and writing. I've taken up TUMBLR and I'm a little obessed with it BUT it's will never replace blogger, it just isn't the same but I love it for what it is, if you don't have my tumblr address please let me know if you are interested in following me there also! :) Well after feeling majorly confused about keeping or letting go of my blog I finally I realized that it was the history attached to SFOAE, today, Aug 3rd, I'm not that girl anymore nor am I in the same place I was. I felt in order for me to really get back into writing and blogging I needed to start fresh and over again, completely! So, I did, Welcome to SOLES OF A HIPPIE hope you'll stick around, it gets better! (I've Missed you ALL)

The little man you've all been asking about, Exavier! My has my little man grown! Exavier is doing extremely well, he is healthy and happier then ever! And get this... He starts school this MONTH! My little Exavier, starts Kindergarten... I am still in complete shock.. where does the time go.. Needless to say he is super excited about school and looks forward to starting in a week! [Side Note: (for all new mommies) PLEASE PICK UP YOUR CHILD'S BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND MAKE SEVERAL COPIES OF IT, YOU'LL NEED IT.] Kids do not come with a manual, or a list of must do's... and if you are like me and didn't have a mom to teach, show, and point out little things of IMPORTANCE, you struggle, get behind, feel bad, and loads of frustration take over. Enrolling Ex in school was a nightmare that is slowly coming to an end (thank god) but please believe, next time, I'll be READY! lol Exavier will also turn FIVE this year in October, right now looks like Power Rangers is the theme but it's August I'm sure he will change his mind before October gets here. Right now Ex is into wearing two different socks, Taylor Gang, picking his own clothes, wrestling, and is still a Milk addict! Stay tune!
I don't think you formally met, my fellow, Cam Grant aka Cam Gnarly. We been slow dancing now for about 9 months now, nine months of complete l.o.v.e. Now things haven't been easy but they are always worth it. This is the man that sweep me off my feet and has been keeping me busy all this time. :) I am most definitely IN LOVE and crazy about this man. He truly is an amazing man and the complete package! We've known each other over the years but this is our first time being, fellow & mellow. And let me tell you, best choice I ever made! We will dig more into our love as we go along, I'm sure you'll be real sick of us soon enough lol Cam is currently working on his solo mixtape and has dropped to singles thus far, http://soundcloud.com/camgnarly please check them out and pass on the word and music. He will also be doing a show this month at the Glass House with Dom x OverDoz, you can get more info and buy tickets HERE He has been working really hard and I couldn't be more proud! You'll see a lot more of him and us...
As for me, I've changed. I know that's a statement many avoid, no one seems to ever want to admit to changing. But I think changing is a part of growing, maturing, and learning. BECOMING BETTER. This year (so far) hasn't been the easiest for me but one thing it has been for me is, Humbled me truly knocked me on my ass to show that, I CAN NOT do EVERYTHING, no matter how much I try or want to, I can't. I learned that it's ok to say "no" and follow thru with that "no". I learned that family wont always have your back but you always HAVE SOMEONE. I'm no longer living for others and their wants of me. I learned that happiness comes once you let go, you can't continue to hold your sorrow like a purse and expect to be happy. I'm no where near complete but I'm a better me, my laugh is louder, my smile is wider, and my lust for life is back. I still have a long way to go, to get to where I want to be but I'm a long ways from the beginning and that keeps me going! I the misted of moving and chaos and I got a new car, a 2011 Honda Fit, I love him! Yes that is him pictured to the right lol my Honda is the first thing I bought BRAND NEW, I really don't believe in buying "new" but this is something I needed and damn well deserved. The Fit is the best and if you are in he market for a new car I totally recommend the best car in the world, THE FIT! lol Needless to say I am Happy, Healthy, and full of life, things are far from perfect but getting better everyday. I've made a lot of changes in my life these past two months, ridding myself of a lot of bad energy, people, place, and situations. I still have a long way to go but I see the light at the other end. I have a strong, intelligent man by my side, a prefect little boy, and longing, giving hearts of friends around me! Things are looking up!

8 love notes:

Chymere A. H. said...

So so glad you are back! You don't know how many times I checked back on SFOAE to see if you updated, lol. I'm such a stalker when it comes to blogs I LOVE! I like tumblr a lot too but I think blogger and wordpress are a lot more personal. So. I am pleased, happy for your happiness, inspired by love, and struck by cupid by your beautiful son! lol Better watch out for the little girls.


-Chymere H.

Briana said...

Words can't describe how happy I am to see a new post from you! I am so glad your back and decided to restart your blog all new and fresh! When I got back to blogging I had to do the same, kept my name but got rid of all of the old posts and started fresh!
I am so glad Mr. Exavier is the best he's ever been! I laughed out loud when I read that he's into Taylor Gang lmaoo!! I can't wait to see more of you and your fellow! You deserve the absolute best <3
p.s. #teamhonda all the freaking way :)

love, keys said...

:) i keep up with you so all of this is just a reread of wat we discuss on the reg. ex is my boyfriend and we shall be married once he turns 18 :) k love youuU!

mama bear said...

I am SO happy your back! look at my face ---> :D

I love the new woman you've become! I always knew things would be better for you the second time around. Things are always better with a clean slate!
Exavier has lost so much weight! he looks super adorable. I love that photo of him ♥ !

SORRY Keyshia, he's bee's!!!

the 2011 Honda Fit is super nice. you go girl! you deserve it, and the hubby is a cutie! I see you've been super blessed this year :)

Call Me Bright ッ said...

Hey mama...
I love the new site...! We have all missed you and are glad that you are back.. I mean I think we have all been there and taking a trip away but as long as you come back that is all cool.. I mean i think I speak for all your Blog sisters as well as your readers when I say we Missed you and glad your back... and Look at your little BIG man lol... SCHOOL OMG .. you better start on the back-to-school shopping lol.. get pass the rush...
I am glad that you found that someone that makes you happy...! as for me I am still waiting in line for him..! lol..
I am happy your back
_Bright *

Jenny☮ said...

I'm so happy to have you back. That little boy of your's is too cute! Missed you. <3

Lisa said...

i was wondering what happend to you.. yay!!!! :) cant wait to catch up either!

Miss C i n d i a * said...

Welcome the eff back my love! And doing so with a bang! Thanks for this post, i learned a lot. I enjoy learnig about life not just living it, but through other people's journeya in it. You are very very right about family, how they wont always be there for you the way you need them to be. I am living this now and its hard to accept it. It is what it is I guess. I also read your latest entry and I hope the show went well. Oh and awww your baby is a big boy now! I hope he keeps his love for school :) lol I hated it and would cryyyy haha.