Monday, January 10, 2011

eleven in eleven

The Old Year has gone. Let the dead past bury its own dead. The New Year has taken possession of the clock of time. All hail the duties and possibilities of the coming twelve months! Is it just me or did 2010 fly by with wings. I can't believe it's 2011 and we are 7 days deep. Now that it is here all we can do is live IN IT! I thought about making resolutions but I never really cared for that word and it's attachment to failed actions. So instead I'll stick to one of my favorite things, GOALS, I want to accomplished during this year, 2011. I'm calling it my 11 in 11, eleven Goals for achieve in 0'11. If anyone is feeling Goal Orientated as they read this, please, please, due join me! I think 11 is the perfect number, almost one goal a month..? We shall see how this plays out for me (and possibly you) I'm greatly looking forward to this year, fresh start, new ideas, better understanding of one's self, free, happy, and full of life! I'm so ready!

one. Take Flight! My number one goal of 2011 is to GET UP, GET OUT, and see the world, I've spent wayy to much time in California, 25 years to be exact. It's time to cut the cord, leave the comfort zone and seek new horizons. Let's get those maps out, me and my passport, it's time we met, officially.

two. 12 months, 12 books. I want to commit to at least reading one book every month. I was on a high peek and it suddenly dropped off, not cool. I got some great reads for Christmas, so my goal is to get started and finished ahead not behind! Flip Pages, Not Channels!

three. Debt-Free. Now this is just long over due but the reality is the older I get i realize that, your credit, is everything. Within the next couple of years my wish is to purchase my first home. WELL... Reality is if I don't get my shit together I'll be in 5C for the rest of my life!! So high on my priority list of 2011 is to get it right, get it tight, get those finances in order and start preparing for what's to come! Save, Save, Save.

four. School yourself. I'm pass my expiration date, I need to be returned, back to school.. It's been almost 3 years since I've been out of school and I can't believe that if I would of kept my ass put, I would be more then done.. It's no secret that I'm NOT a school-girl, I despise it the most but it's a necessary part of survival out here. And being real, I'm not about pushing paper till the end. I want to teach, that's my dream, goal, and hearts desire. So in order to get to Z I have to get my ass back in line and start at A. I know this is probably one of the hardest task on my list. Being a single working mom is hard enough, putting school as a cherry on top... well let's just see how it goes.

five. Brand-New. Like I told you all before, Eat, Love, Pray truly touched my spirit and heart! One of my goals for 2011 is to TRY something new, something out of my comfort zone. Be it a place, food, music, or jumping out an airplane!! No matter what it is, 2011 needs some BRAND-NEW in it, I need to go out and find it..!!

six. If you loved it, you should of put a ring on it.. NOT that kinda ring! I've been saying for about 2 years now that I wanted to get more piercing, have yet to do so. As 2011 is my year to LIVE my goal is to get two new piercing. I'm not sure just where as of yet, I have some ideas floating around but nothing is solid. I had my nose pierced in 2004 and I really miss it but everyone and their grandma has one now so for me it's a little played out. I really wanted to get my dimples pierced but I can't have stuff on my face like that with work... so I'm open to suggestions! ;)

seven. Be the Change you want to see in the world! I truly believe with all my heart that we can't simply live and take from this world the whole time we are here. I believe that we should try to PUT IN as much as we take out and I don't mean all the shit we leave behind either. I mean doing self-less things. My goal for 2011 is to contribute to the earth and world in any way I can. I want to join some cause and not just donate money but take part. I want to at least do 1 run/walk for a cause. I believe that we are only as good as our last contribution.. what have you done for the world lately!?

eight. Ready set, Vegan. Yes I am already Vegan but my goal is to become Better at it, we can always improve and that's my goal. To learn new ways of cooking and lifestyle. Also to become stronger willed. I can't lie being vegan is rough, especially when you have no real support, ie. vegan/veggie friends. I have some but majority of people I'm surrounded by are not Vegan/Veggie friendly. So the second part of this goal is to surround myself with more people like me, who understand my choice and lifestyle. It's exhausted having to explain your decisions and diet every 5mins. I want to become a better Vegan!

nine. No means No. For as long as I can remember I've always struggled with the word, "No". It's hard for me to tell others, NO. So as you can imagine I'm forever taking on more then I should and always doing things I really do not want to do. Well this year ENDS that part of me.. My goal is to gain the confidence in myself to be able to say "NO" when I really need and want to. I'm tired of being taken advantage of and especially tired of not being appreciated! This is stopping in 0'11, no means no!!

ten. Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes. First and foremost this is NOT, I repeat NOT a, "I want to lost weight, I'm on a diet.. blah blah blah" resolution!! Ok! Now with that said I simply want to achieve and maintain a Happy, Healthy, Lifestyle with that comes -- eating and exercise! My goal is to find what works for me and KEEP it going all year long, we are much happy and stress free when we are active. So GET ACTIVE in 2011 !!

eleven. LIVE! 2011 is my year to live, do things I haven't, should, and maybe a little of the things I shouldn't! I want to see place, people, and things I never have, step out my box and experience everything for what it is. I don't want to only want to live this way in 2011 but forever, but you have to start somewhere and I start Jan 2011 I'm starting a new journey, a new road, my bags are packed and I can't wait to live out loud and out right! Because really if we aren't having fun, what's the freakin point!!?

Go Team 11!!


ps. if you join 11 in 11 please let me know so I can link you on my page!

13 love notes:

Call Me Alisha ッ said...

hey hun i love # 1 *11*8*&6 girl i am with you i will set short term monthly goal aside from the big goals that i have set..!
-bright
p.s i think ill have the post up buy Thursday i gotta think about this a little

.Chymere. said...

Pretty damn awesome...and in most ways just the same as what I want to achieve. Get back in school, achieve a happier, healthier me, travel...all of the sorts are parallel to what I want to see happen in my life as well. DO IT!!! One of my personal mantras for this year is: I.am.able. Trust yourself, your abilities, and the rest will come.

"So in order to get to Z I have to get my ass back in line and start at A."--i soooo so love that line. You just don't understand!

.Chymere. said...

Ps-I just noticed that I'm on your "Blogs I <3 list" awww I feel so special! That made my day!

Hell Notes for Beauty™ said...

I love your list. I agree getting out and about and doing things is what makes things happen for you. I want to try out new recipes I want to get out of my boring cooking routine and of course get healthier every day.

elizabeth said...

wow! are we soul mates? because i swear we want to do the exact same things this year! i am in shock right now lala! piercings? i think the belly and lip would look cute on you! i'm thinking of getting my lip re-pierced again. also, i think reading a book a month is great! i'm also doing that too.

love you lala ♥

Briana said...

WOW WOW WOW WOW!!
Okay first, I absolutely love your goal to read a book every month! I practically do that already (I need a book in my hands at all times) so I really hope you enjoy!

& going back to school?! LOVE LOVE x's 2481920812! I know that if you really set your mind for it you can do anything!

<3 you!!

Lisa said...

love love your ideas, girl im sure you an do it. Everyday a step closer to becoming who you want to be! <3
XOXO
Lisa

love, keys said...

you take words right out of m mouth. so amazing mama <3! i need to join you!

AnieLii said...

Works spoken from a wise women. I love you mama:) Count me in!!!

sheiswinterwest said...

I'm shocked my sis wants a piercing!!! this must be a new lala! lol but i want one on my ring finger and i have been wanting to get microdermal piercings on my chest but i have yet to do that because i'm scared they will get infected or something =/ but all in all i love your list my dear! you inspire me :)

Hello Again Vintage said...

Beautiful goals. They're all such a great way to get out of your comfort zone yet on a positive level. Best of luck, girl. You can do it!

Xoxo,
Grace

Jazzy E (hivennn) said...

Happy new year! x hivennn. p.s enter my giveaway?

shabana said...

I WANT TO JOIN 11 IN 11 HOW DO I DO IT? On another note i really enjoy reading your posts