Thursday, January 06, 2011

10 Things I learned in 2010

Party hard, make mistakes, laugh endlessly. Do things you're afraid to do. After all, you're only live once. 

1. Never expect. Never assume. Never ask and Never demand. If things are meant to be, it will happen. We can spend our entire life planning, preparing, and reaching -- Try to create our own destiny and fate. But the reality is when you do this you only box yourself in and everything inside that box is just forced. If I learned on thing this year it is that What's Meant to Be will Be with little to no help from you! Sometimes we have to have the courage to let go and let life do it's thing!!

2. We can't deny how we feel inside and no matter how much it hurts sometimes its better to be alone then Fake It... The more be suppress how we truly feel the more bitter, miserable, and resentful we become. We become a bomb ready to explode at any given time. As we try to "fake it, till we make it" we hurt the people around us because the reality is you are living a lie. I learned how to let go of the lie and the faking and set the truth free because by denying my heart's truth I was only hurting myself. It's NEVER ok to fake the funk, you are as happy as your next three statements are filled with true meaning.

3. You’ll never leave where you are until you decide where you’d rather be. One of the hardest lessons I've learned this year was I grew way to comfortable with an "ordinary life" I became ok with the fact that I wasn't completely happy nor satisfied. & did nothing; to change, grow, or achieve. Like a 5AM wake up call out of no where, I realized I was living my own personal nightmare of comfortable bliss. In a runt and didn't even realize it. It wasn't till I made the decision of making a change toward something GREATER that I actually put myself, mind, body, and soul into action to move toward bluer skies, goals, dreams, and avenues. The place I rather be was utopia.

4. Surround yourself with people who know your worth. You don’t need too many people to be happy, just a few real ones who appreciate you for exactly who you are. I lost and gained a lot of people in 2010. But the great lesson in losing and gaining was that I rather have ONE true friend then 100 people that know my name. As you get older you realize that most people are in your life for a reason and purpose, they will accomplished that task and leave, some will leave lasting memories and others memories you'll try to erase... but the point is not to collect people as you would sea shells rather let them be and the ones that show up in your shoes and bag are the ones that are meant to admired, treasured, and held onto.

5. One of the hardest moments in life is deciding whether you should give up, or try harder. Life is full of decisions and choices. Choosing, picking, and deciding have NEVER been my strong point, I am irritatingly indecisive and on top of that I hate giving up, walking away, and quitting. But there comes a time where you do have to say, "TOO MUCH" or "enough is enough" because after all sometimes giving up is the best thing, as hard as it maybe.

6. Survival makes people do things they know in their heart is wrong...You live, you learn and you remember, Never say Never. This year I was faced with the 16 year old me, all her morals, values, and opinions on life. I had to look her in the eye and tell her, things change, people too and I'm not the same girl I was back then, things happen that cause you to re-think and go back on your words. 2010 truly was a year of self change and realizing that survival will make you do things you said you would never in order to move forward, wrong or right, I came out of 2010 a different person then I was on 1.1.10.

7. If you wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down. The average person carries invisible loads on there shoulders, everyday, never once thinking, "If I just put this away, throw that out, and leave this behind I'd be so much lighter, happier" 2010 showed me that I could be worried about someone and I'm not even a thought in their brain, so why am I worried!? I learned to clean my heart, my head, and shoulders of useless, users, blood suckers if you may. Also to rid myself of the "pass" why do you carry on like a bad lady soon we will all be pushing shopping carts down the street just to hold all our baggage. 2010 was/is the END of my Bag Lady life, I figure if I wanna fly I gotta let go and recycle all the bullshit holding me to the ground. I'll never get air born if I don't kick the rocks tied to my shoes!

8. Even the strongest people in the world needs a moment to break down to piece themselves back together. One of the hardest statements of my life; made strong, born strong, raised strong, and live stronger. Weak just isn't in my vocab, but this year kicked my ass, broke me down and showed me that sometimes the strongest of the strong get unsteady and need a "time-out" to clean there wounds, dust off and get back up. This year truly let me see me pass, the superwoman everyone sees, I realized that it's ok to be down and out, you just have to be sure NOT to stay down for long. I also learned that if your willing there will be that person who will be strong, so you can be weak.. and no judy for it either. This is still a work in progress but I feel safe in saying it's ok to be a little weak sometimes.

9. Balance is not letting anyone love you less than you love yourself. All to often we take less then we deserve for various reason but none of those reason are worth, your worth! This year I was RE-Reminded of my WORTH and how important it is to, wear you "price" on your sleeve! Once you know how very valuable you are, you won't ever let someone value you any less. It took me almost 12 months to strip myself of all the 25% off, half off, and clearance tags off me; that lovers, family, friends, and even strangers had stuck to me and step up and put myself where I belong, on display, full price, full worth. Love will never downgrade you!

10. All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another. Life is not life without change and we can't truly embrace life if abort change when it comes our way. Leaving, goodbyes, and lost are NEVER easy but nothing in life worth having, gaining, and holding on to are! I learned that although we leave pieces of ourselves behind that close door it's an essential part of life, growth, and experience. Every period in time is a season in your life, don't stay in the winter when it's summer time! I've truly learned in 2010 that life waits for NO ONE, live is for LIVING so live it.. If you unhappy, GET HAPPY.. Don't like something, CHANGE IT! Try new things, go new places, eat, drink, and be MERRY! Anything less is just a waste of damn time and human flesh! Don't spoil a day with unhappy circumstance, bad attitudes, negative energy, and sour people! Grab life by the hair and make sweet love to it, that's what it's made for!!!

6 love notes:

elizabeth said...

you and i are soul sisters. you've read my mind! i love this post lala, and i love you!

Hello Again Vintage said...

Great post, girl! I can especially relate to #8.

-Grace

www.helloagainvintage.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Girl, you read my mind, ahhh i feel just the very same about certain aspects of my life.

Its 2011 its going to be a good year :)

Xoxo
Lisa

Michelle (michabella) said...

GREAT POST! I learned some of these things too. Heartbreak will do that to ya I guess :/ I am def at a better place right now. Cheers to a wonderful year, sweet friend! <333

Linda Pochinda said...

beautiful and so strong. I can't even express with words what I felt and what was going through my mind while reading this out loud. I learned so much from this. especially my worth. it's so true.

"Once you know how very valuable you are, you won't ever let someone value you any less."

lala. you're such a strong and wise woman! I love you (:

Call Me Alisha ッ said...

i think that in 2010 you learn something that ppl learn in a life time I think i need to under stand a bit more..! Great Post..! # 9 ,1, 6, # 3 really touched me"You’ll never leave where you are until you decide where you’d rather be"....