Monday, November 08, 2010

The Ways of a Birthday Boy 10-30

A star is born! The Morning of Exavier's 4th Birthday...{picture heavy}

The morning of my son's birthday I woke up to pouring rain, I was bummed, I kept thinking, "why today.." I had planned on getting a jumper for the party and had lots of outdoor activities planned. It was around 6AM and I got up got dress and head down to get pancakes for my little guy. Got back wrapped his gifts, woke up Aaron and woke up Exavier with pancakes and a birthday song. Can I just say there is nothing like seeing your child's face when they know they are about to celebrate a birthday. It's filled with so much joy and excitement. As we sang to him and just couldn't help but shred a tear. I remember when I first found out I was going to have a baby, I was scared out of my mind but knew how much I wanted it! I remember holding him for the very first time...man I can't believe he is FOUR! Getting to the good stuff, he gave him his gifts and then we all sat down to have breakfast before the big day kicked off... Off we went to DeeDee's house to set-up and prepare for the Hunted Scooby Doo Mystery Birthday Party.
I was excited to get things started, a little stressed and a little bossy but that's to be expected..right!!?? lol It's always the same way when you are hosting a party, you spend the entire time, cleaning, preparing, decorating, cooking, you name it.. and fail to get yourself together by the time the guest arrive... at least that's always the case for me. Lucky I had the help of my wonderful sister and Aaron to get me through the day and I was able to find a moment to sneak away and "Velma-ize" myself. I was excited about our costumes because I spent the day before thief shopping with Aaron and put together our wonderful renditions of Fred and Velma. I think they came out CLASSIC! Especially Aaron's!
The party of a huge success..so WORTH all the work and energy and planning we put into it. And most importantly Exavier had the time of his life and had a birthday he'll never forget. We had a great turn out with about 20 kids and their parent, so needless to say, it was A LOT of people! We played musically chairs, wrap your mommy into a mummy, pin the face of the pumpkin, the donut game, and last but not least the pinata! The kids had so much fun and so did the adults. I couldn't ask for better FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

12 love notes:

Ashley said...

how cute!!! Looks like everyone had a blast. What a memorable birthday party. Love all the costumes and the fact the adults dressed up as well. :) One of the cutest birthday party's for kids that I have ever seen.

Jayka! said...

looks like so much fun! so sad we missed it :(

elizabeth said...

i have to say that you guys have to be THE most cutest family i have seen in months! all the photos are adorable! and happy late birthday to EX !

AnieLii said...

You always have a creative way to celebrate a birthday :) I love it.
It looks like so much fun. It makes me want to be a kid again.

Briana said...

I absolutely LOVE the theme! Love you really pulled of a great party! Ex looks so happy and the costumes, decorations and of course FOOD looks AMAZING! I love your Fred and Velma costumes the BEST!

Alexandra said...

Aw it looks like so much fun! I LOVE the whole Scooby Doo Gang's costume set! Looks great... isn't it amazing how you can find such perfect costumes at thrift stores? Your son is so adorable... and I can tell he's getting so much older just from seeing pictures of him now compared to months ago!

(By the way, I LOVE that you did the donut dangle. That is one of the funniest games ever, especially when little kids are doing it!!! I also feel you on the crazed hostess thing, anytime I have any sort of gathering I spend the whole time frantically running around trying to make sure things are in order... but it usually results in a great party!)

Toni Tralala said...

How adorable! I love how you made a collage out of these photos! It seems to have been a fun Halloween! :)

JAY-J!™ NGUYEN said...

LaLa, you are such a wonderful mother! And Aaron does an awesome job as a father. Ex's birthday party looked like it was so much fun, and I admit that I would've had a lot of fun playing with the children myself, lol. When I become a mother, I would like to be as creative as you are with your son. I want to throw amazing birthday parties and things like that. Btw, your Velma and Freddy costumes are very cute. :] You guys look just like them, haha.

Jamie said...

Oh my gosh! You ALL look so cute! I love the idea.

Jenny☮ said...

Best costumes everrrr! :)
I love Scooby. He looks adorable.
I've been so lost.
I hope you're doing great. :)

sheiswinterwest said...

wow! looks like too much fun!! the kids looked so cute! love, love, love yall & EX looked so happy<3

Linda Pochinda said...

Looove the pictures! It looked like you guys had a lot of fun! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE EXAVIER! Or should I say little? I mean he’s not getting younger! (:
Btw! I envy him so much cause he got the buzz lightyear figure! I fell in love with it when I went to toys ‘r’ us some time ago… but here it costs like 128 dollars....