Thursday, September 09, 2010

Day 29 of Me

In this past month, what have you learned

I think the biggest thing I learned this past month (August) is how to except compliments. I've always felt SUPER awkward when people tell me nice thing but when I started losing weight and other began to notice it was 100x MORE AWARD when someone says "wow you've lost so much weight, you look great"... uhhh was I really that bad before? It just made me feel super uncomfortable when someone brings up, that I've been working out and losing weight. I started to think, "Ok lala these "compliments" are not going to stop, you are still losing weight, what can you do" So I decided to look at what people were saying and TAKE OUT my own, twist (the part of me being bad before) and really just ENJOY and expect what they were saying. I mean I work (worked) super hard to get where I am why not feel good about it or why feel awkward when someone notices. After all them noticing your results is a GREAT THING! Although I'm not completely and 100% comfortable with the whole thing, I'm working on it, I've always been that way about people tell me nice things but I'm slowly outgrowing it and embracing the love!

9 love notes:

elizabeth said...

Ja ja. i used to be like this. just take the compliments! you're beautiful!

Briana said...

I don't take compliments well either :/ LOL! but this is great its better to embrace it then shy away from it!

Miss.Fortune said...

my problem use to be accepting gifts..but if you are losing weight you never know..it could motivate someone else to do the same..and honestly at the end of the day it WILL make you feel better.! you look GREAT!!

RavynRae said...

It's good that you understand that you dwelling on the negative part of the compliment isn't healthy. You do look great :)

Miss T said...

amazing woman. :)
Gorgeous Post.


Pretty give-away on Monday at
Loadingdarling.blogspot.com

Morgan. said...

I used to be very much the shame - Im never entirely sure how to handle particular compliments. But keep working on it, the ability to accept compliments for what they are will make you so happy :)

Elle Sees said...

i always change the subject and assume either they want something from me or are just saying it w.out meaning it. gotta work on that!

Molly said...

Some of the best advice I was ever given (I too take compliments HORRIBLY!!) is to just look the complimenter (is that a word?) in the eye and say, "Thank You." Don't let their words mean too much and don't completely discount what they are saying. Just say, "Thank you."

Man is that hard to do. Good for you for accomplishing this!

Jayka! said...

its a hard one, beautiful ;)