Monday, July 26, 2010

Life's little annoyances

I found this today and I felt the need to share with you all, PLEASE READ, take it in and let it go...

Don't let a relatively small setback ruin an otherwise beautiful day. Choose instead to take it in stride and quickly get back to being positive, productive and effective.

Don't waste your time being outraged or offended by someone else's careless, inconsiderate remark or gesture. Use the opportunity to strengthen your valuable sense of patience, and move on ahead to something that truly matters.
Life's little annoyances can quickly add up to have a big negative and destructive impact if you let them. Fortunately, you don't have to let them.
Instead, you can choose to let them go. You can decide to see the small, relatively meaningless annoyances for what they are, and move quickly beyond them.
Do you really want your attitude to be held hostage by rude, careless, inconsiderate people or random events beyond your control? Of course not, because within you is a positive purpose that is big and beautiful and filled with real meaning.
Each time one of life's little annoyances comes along, let it just keep on going right past you until it fades away into its own insignificance. You have plenty of much more positive and valuable things upon which to focus your attention.

- Ralph Marston

6 love notes:

JAY-J!™ NGUYEN said...

Omgoodness, this definitely hit the nail on the head. I really needed to read this. Thank you sooo much for posting it. I've always been known as the girl with the short temper or the girl who gets mad over the smallest things. I don't like it, but I can't help it... I really would like to learn how to just let things go... It doesn't sound so difficult, but when you really try to apply it, it gets hard. Being positive all the time and not letting things get to know has always been easier said than done. And I'm a firm believer of that... Although I don't plan on changing who I am, I really would like to be a much HAPPIER person. Following what Ralph said might help me just a little bit...

JAY-J!™ NGUYEN said...

Get to you* -- typo.

RavynRae said...

I needed this...thanx for sharing!

liz said...

i definitely needed this. especially with whats going on now. thanks Lala :)

Miss.Fortune said...

thanks for the reminder, i think we all need to read this at least once a week

sheiswinterwest said...

so needed this right now!

i love you LaLa <3