Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Day 12

Person I Hate
(I don't use the word hate it's ugly I dislike things but that's about, so letter to someone or something I dislike here we go..)


Dear Racism,
I'll never understand you and why you still exist after all this time... I mean we are in 2010 for god sakes, LEAVE, you are not wanted here!!! When I see you appear in movies, shows, music, on the street you make me sick to my stomach! To think a person could really MISTREAT another person based on his/her race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or color is just insane to me... STOP fogging the minds of so many and just disappear, I look forward to the day when Racism is just a word in a text book in history class BUT no longer runs this country. We've come close, my president is black and YES I voted for him and yes I have a sticker on my car 2008 OBAMA! GET OVER IT!!! He is a human, not a color, not a race, not a religion. Please Racism, I've had enough of your dirty looks when I walk in a room with my 'Mexican' child and 'black' boyfriend. STOP judging me, stop whisper, STOP starring. Racism it's time you got a new gig and step out, let go of hate, let go of judging based on the outside. It's old, your old, DIE already.

Sincerely,
a women of color

5 love notes:

Jennifer aka. Jasifer said...

Great post hun! you're so wise and inspiring! *hugs*

Reggie said...

Get em, chula!

Elizabeth said...

great post! never thought about this :)

jayka :) said...

yea! f' you racism!

great post, and those stares... i know what you mean.

sheiswinterwest said...

I LOVE this post!!! Fuck Racism!!