Thursday, July 15, 2010

25 years later

“And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.”


Wow 25, I can't even believe it, "do you feel older" CeCe asked me today, "not really..." I responded, was I suppose to? Today I did so much reflecting, on myself and my life, so much has happened to me in such a short amount of time, it's mind blowing to think it's only been 25 years... I woke up feeling really grumpy at first (bummer) but I really think it was my way of dealing with my "hurt feelings", I still remember when my mom use to wake me up on my birthday BLASTING, Las Mañanitas and seeing her making a home-made two layered cake with jelly in the middle. There isn't a birthday that goes by that I don't long to have her voice waking me up "huera..." as nice as that would be I had to remember I had two handsome men there to greet me and treat me like a princess on my day. It was hard and I fought mixed emotions all day but lucky I have a man who doesn't give up easily and just kept at it with all the love and affection. So after I was overwhelmed with so much love when I talked to my dad and all my sisters. Goya said she was coming over to make me dinner, my heart melted, that was the best gift of all. Goya, Tommy, Maia, and Nyla came over and she and Tommy took over my kitchen and started making me a VEGAN dinner, appreciators, main dish, and dessert, it's was heaven and ever so yummy. Having my sister and her guy cook for me and make it vegan was the best gift I could of received, it just showed how much they respect my lifestyle and my right not to eat animals or animals products. It made my heart smile. They truly made my night and my tummy was ever so happy! Bottom line is I'm blessed, extremely blessed and these are the moments and things worth remembering and celebrating, life is to SHORT to dwell on what we don't have or spend the day making wishes of what could be. Things are the way they should be and I'm so loved that nothing else should matter. I didn't get online till late in the day to open my gmail and find 86 emails waiting for me... all wishing ME a happy birthday, saying such nice things... In all seriousness, going though each one, I cried, Aaron sat with me and just whipped my eyes as my tears fell, I didn't know why I was so emotional, then Aaron said, "babe your are an emotional wreck" and I couldn't help but fall out laughing, "yea I'm emotionally slutty" haha what would I do without that man... Thank you to everyone who wished me happy and good wishes on my bday, seriously from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU!! You all made my day in a way you will never know or understand, thank you!! 25 years later and I'm happier, healthier, and BLESSED more than ever! Now that is something worth celebrating!!



"Because time itself is like a spiral, something special happens on your birthday each year: The same energy that God invested in you at birth is present once again."


 {more pictures to come...}

7 love notes:

Elizabeth said...

i am glad your in love! you two are adorable :)

Kara said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY PRETTY MAMA!!!!!!!!

Hope you got everything your heart desired...I require pics!!

AngelLove said...

Happy Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!

RavynRae said...

This is a good read! Glad you enjoyed your bday!! =)

Jayka! said...

Yippie for a little Lala in our lives. I can't even express how happy I am to have you in my life. I am so happy that you have people around you to love and support you, you sure do deserve it!

Monique said...

Happy Belated Birthday Chica!! Hope you have an amazing one!!

liz said...

I just noticed your wearing the earrings! they look cute :)