Wednesday, June 23, 2010

real simple

I recently fell in love with REAL SIMPLE magazine, it has everything you can think of inside and made real simple! Simple dinners, simple decorating, simple cleaning and all for a CHEAP price!! Last night I was super exhausted (still am, I think I may be coming down with something) regardless of my sleepy eyes I drug myself into the kitchen and made dinner (a vow I made myself, to ALWAYS make dinner, NO matter what!) I remember I seen a fun and yummy recipe in the magazine I wanted to try, so I did!

Spaghetti With Zucchini, Walnuts, and Raisins

Ingredients
* 12 ounces spaghetti (3⁄4 box) (Whole Wheat)
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 1/2 cup walnut halves, roughly chopped
* 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
* 1 1/2 pounds small zucchini (4 to 5), cut into thin half-moons
* 3/4 cup raisins (or Dried Cranberries)
* kosher salt and black pepper
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (1 ounce) (Vegan Grated Parmesan)
Directions
1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain and return it to the pot.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the walnuts and cook, stirring frequently, until beginning to brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until beginning to brown, about 1 minute.
3. Add the zucchini and raisins to the skillet, season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper, and cook, tossing occasionally, until the zucchini is just tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
4. Add the zucchini mixture to the pasta and toss to combine. Sprinkle with the Parmesan before serving.

Total inspiration and just what I needed to get my mind off being tried and have some fun in the kitchen. I used Wheat spaghetti instead of regular, Cranberries instead of raisins, and of course VEGAN Parmesan! Can I just tell you this dish came out so amazing!!! And the best part was Ex ate TWO blows and Aaron fished it up when he got home from work. SO good!

9 love notes:

Hope Chella said...

this looks so yum...and looking at your movie list, wait on Letters to Juliet. I was disappointed with it, not that I am a film critic, but the chemistry between Amanda and her man wasn't there!?!?!?

xxx
Hope :)

chelsea rebecca said...

its decided.. i'm making this for dinner tonight!!
i'll have to substitute cucumbers for zucchini and craisins for raisins but other than that i have all the ingredients!! WOOHOO! thanks a billion for sharing!!! i do love pasta oh so very much!

{irene} said...

that looks so easy and good!

Elizabeth said...

that looks really yummy! i hope you cook for me when i go to CA!

atropa belladonna said...

gosh that looks delish :D
muahz<3

Aimee said...

That looks good! I love Real Simple! I definitely want to get a subscription for it.

Kara said...

Seriously drooling. How amazing does that look?! I'm also so proud of you for staying vegan too! What an accomplishment!

chelsea rebecca said...

HOLY DELICIOUSNESS!!!!
i made this last night and i haven't stopped thinking about it!! hahaha. ITS SO DANG GOOD!
i'm thanking my lucky stars for you!!! ahh this is my new staple recipe! and i can't wait to make it again! i'm taking pictures next time too!!!
thanks thanks!! xo

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site simplestformofanelle.blogspot.com
Is this possible?