Tuesday, June 08, 2010

books are love

If you remember a couple of Wedensday ago I made a wishlist inspired by books! My goal is to get back into reading, I think it's so important to feed your brain, we (I KNOW I DO) spend way to much time online and some (not so much me) watching TV, or (totally me) are complete movie junkie. WHAT about READING, knowledge..?!? Well I'm taking the steps to better myself as a person, one good book at a time! Anyone care to join me?!? Aaron, Exavier and I spent the day at the book store, it was heaven!! I I got one book that wasn't on my list but once I seen it I HAD to have it!! Queen L 's new book, Put on Your Crown. Once I read the first page I KNEW I had to buy and read it! I also got off my summer read list Skinny Bitch, which I'm currently reading now and am head over heels in LOVE with it!! OMG I'm on chapter 8 now and Aaron and I have been reading it together, it's so funny and SOOOO TRUE! I recommend you ALL read this book, it's so inspiring and FULL of FACTS! As I asked in the Wish list if any of you lovely readers have some good recommendations please let me know!

“If you eat crap, you are crap.” -Skinny Bitch
 

8 love notes:

Weesha said...

I didn't even know Queen Latifah had a book out! that's awesome I'm going to have to check this out. Oh and I highly recommend Mia Tyler's book called Creating Myself. It was a lovely read!

BBM said...

ABSOLUTELY love where the wild things are! i love all nicholas sparks books ... im a big softy for romance. love ya girl and u know im lovin ure layout!

Kara said...

YAAAAY BOOKS! I'm reading "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" right now and loving it. I have to read a ton for school starting today (eek!) so I'm trying to finish it quick!

rachel said...

Oh, I'm reading "Eat Pray Love" at the moment, it's wonderful...
And last night I got a copy of Alicia Silverstone's book "The Kind Diet", have you read it? It's brilliant, full of good stuff about veggie/vegan living, I think you'd love it! xx

Elizabeth said...

Your son's photos are too cute! i want to read that book too, and i finished reading skinny bitch. the book will change your life forever!

love, keys said...

ah man i wanted to read skinny bitch read bad! i havent been to the bookstore in a while.. i need to get into read REAL bad!

KarinaG.L. קרינה said...

Hey lala, just hitting you up and saying hello. I love what you have done to your blog. Def one of my fav reads :)

Karina

Briana said...

Those look like great choices! & How cute is he with the wild thing toys hahaa