Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wishlist Wednesday

{BOOK EDITION}

Today's list is focused on some books I really want, I've been really bad when it comes to reading these last couple of years but this summer I'm think about making a summer reading list, maybe even have Aaron and Ex make one as well. So if any of you reader have any book suggestions for me, please do tell I will be creating my list starting today! Wish me luck!! (and yes Cook-Books do count lol)

In The Day I Shot Cupid, Hewitt offers her hard-won wisdom and tells us how to embrace love with both feet on the ground. First, we have to shoot Cupid. We have to believe that happily-ever-after is hard work—it’s not all flowers and symphonies and floating hearts.

Skinny bitch is a no-nonsense, tough-love guide for savvy girls who want to stop eating crap and start looking fabulous! Not your typical boring diet book, this is a tart-tongued, no-holds-barred wake-up call to all women who want to be thin. With such blunt advice as, "Soda is liquid Satan" and "You are a total moron if you think the Atkins Diet will make you thin," it's a rallying cry for all savvy women to start eating healthy and looking radiant. Unlike standard diet books, it actually makes the reader laugh out loud with its truthful, smart-mouthed revelations. Behind all the attitude, however, there's solid guidance. Skinny Bitch espouses a healthful lifestyle that promotes whole grains, fruits, and vegetables, and encourages women to get excited about feeling "clean and pure and energized."

Viva Vegan!, you’ll find 200 delicious vegan recipes, including Mexican Side-Street Corn, Mango-Jicama Chopped Salad, Fried Plantains, Potato-Chickpea Enchiladas, Sweet and Spicy Seitan Empanadas, CafĂ© con Leche Flan, and more!

The Nine Rooms of Happiness; Loving Yourself, Finding Your Purpose, and Getting Over Life's Little Imperfections! Ask any woman how she's feeling. Even when things look pretty darn great from the outside, chances are that at least one thing (and it may seem minor to others) is nagging at her, making her feel less than spectacular, bringing her down: I'm too fat. My husband doesn't help enough around the house. My friend is going to be mad if I don't call her back. Why don't my kids try harder at school? My job is less than inspiring. Whatever happened to that old boyfriend, the one who got away? Whether it's the size of our thighs or our bank accounts, there always seems to be something that isn't measuring up to our high standards--and we let the dissatisfaction spill over into other areas of our lives, distracting us from taking pleasure in everything that's going right.

Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World is a sweet and sassy guide to baking everyone's favorite treat without using any animal products. This unique cookbook contains over 75 recipes for cupcakes and frostings—some innovative, some classics—with beautiful full color photographs.

Eat, Pray, Love, One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia. At 32 years old, Gilbert was educated, had a home and a husband, and a successful career as a writer. However, she was unhappy in her marriage and often spent the night crying on her bathroom floor. She separated from her husband and initiated a divorce, which her husband contested. She entered into a relationship with another man, but this relationship did not work out either. While writing an article on yoga vacations in Indonesia, she met a seventh-generation medicine man who told her she would come back and study with him. After finalizing her difficult divorce, she spent the next year traveling around the world. She spent four months in Italy, eating and enjoying life (Eat). She spent four months in India, finding her spirituality (Pray). She ended the year in Bali, Indonesia, looking for "balance" of the two and found love (Love).

8 love notes:

Bridget said...

thats a good list!

Elizabeth said...

Great list! I've been dying to read "Skinny Bitch"

I'm gonna have to buy it!

rachel said...

Great list! "Eat Pray Love" is next on my to-read list...

chelsea rebecca said...

OH I LOVE EAT PRAY LOVE! its such a great book! and SKINNY BITCH!!! so great. i haven't eaten meat since i read that book 2 and a half years ago. {but i am just not as hardcore as you and i can't give up dairy. but you are my inspiration! haha}
VEGAN CUPCAKES!!!? HOORAY!

kilomboregional said...

hello
I'm from Brazil
I really liked your site
authenticity ... congratulations
positive vibes
kisses

Briana said...

I read this post yesterday and forgot to comment it LOL! These books all look really really good. I may have to check out a few!

Short 'n Redheaded said...

My honest feelings about Eat, Pray, Love?

I hated it.

From the first part of the book where she admits that she's being paid to go on this journey and write the book to the trip to India where she is sanctimonious and holier than thou to everyone. I admit that I loved the Italy part where she eats, eats, eats ... but I had to stop reading maybe 2 chapters in to the India part.

I actually gave the book away, I disliked it so much.

Jayka said...

Viva Vegan... OH MY GOSH! just reading the cover made my mouth water! and I sooo want to read eat pray love! My favorite summer book, although you may have read it already is Dirty Girls Social Club! I can lend you my copy if you promise to mail it back, its my fav, and a short read!