Thursday, May 06, 2010

a simple plant hanger

during my sick day, I made use of my time to do some much needed crafts for my house, this being one I could take off my to-do list. So simple, easy and yet so cute! INSPIRE

all you need: clean coconut shell, thin craft rope, and a glue gun.
what to do: I first measured the spot where I would be hanging it to see how long I needed the strings to be. I then cut 4 (doubled) strings, tied a knot (tying all 4 (8) ends together), then evenly gluing the strings in place, four strings along the coconut, tied the top and ready for hanging!
I'm in love with how well this project came out and I'm sure I will be making more, since I love coconut water :D it's so easy and also a great way of recycling!!
Hanging in this one is my beautiful, fresh rosemary.

6 love notes:

Briana said...

OMG! This is soooo creative! You just reminded me of why I love you so much LOL! I would never think to use a coconut for, anything really besides eating haha I love this!

Kara said...

OH MY GAWD I love this. Are you fantastic or what?!?!

Dacia said...

AWESOME!!! What a creative idea!

Jennifer aka. Jasifer said...

You are so creative hun! :) love it.

Jayka said...

very awesome. i've been wanting to plant an herb and veggie garden, but i am trying my luck first with some sunflowers. so far so good! this project is totally something i could try to do :)

ur pretty awesome

Elizabeth said...

This is so creative! wow. i'm gonna have to try this :)