Wednesday, April 28, 2010

real women have curves

 I seen this youtube on my girls Keys's Page and fell in love with it and also was shocked to find out that the commercial had been rejected by ABC and FOX. But then again not too surprised. I mean we are living in a day and age when the average Woman is size 16 why on earth would the air a commercial showing a beautiful women of full figure being able to walk over in sexy clothes and feel good about her self, that would just be insane *insert sarcasm here* I mean how different is this AD from a Victoria Secrets commercial or a Carl's JR commercial with Kim Kardashian or Pairs Hilton? I think it's insulting and pitiful that we come share a skinny woman's body all day and all over tv but we can show off a women who have curves... something is truly wrong with that. I think if we had more shows, movie stars, and commercial representing REAL women girls around the world would feel better about them self and maybe be could STOP the disordered eating and dying to be thin attitudes. I think it's sad that a women as beautiful as Ashley Graham can not be seen as more then a "Plus Size Model" (I hate that term by the way) I mean really plus size to what?!? Again the average woman in the US is a size 16! UGH! In the end it come down to the fact that EVERY one is shaped and built differently, no two bodies are the same. I wish people would just become less consider about WEIGHT and Body FAT and more consider about HEALTH and LIVING LONG, because on the contrary you can be a size 4 and be the most unhealthy person in the world! I think it's hilarious when I tell people that I'm a vegan and been a veggie for 3 years, it's always the same response (even from Doctors) they look at me up and down and say really...in there head thinking, "then why aren't you thinner" UM HELLO just because I don't eat meat and have dairy doesn't mean that I don't eat well and don't love food! I just choose to enjoy the BETTER foods in life, instead of COW ice cream I eat soy Ice Cream! Veggie and Vegans don't have to be a size 2! Get over it! Again not everyone is built at a "super model size" (another phase I hate) Let's change this world and it's thinking, starting with you! Stop feeling like you are the "bigger party" your not baby girl, you are the normal party! Start with loving you and NOT being a shamed take pride and don't let anyone call you anything besides your NAME!! I love my skin I'm in and all the curves that come with it, I work hard on living a healthy life that doesn't include wishing I was 5 size smaller, I'm happy, you should be too! Real Women Have Curves! I'll get off my soap box now and let you watch the video.... Oh and again thank you Keys for bringing this video to my and everyone else's attention, you are the best!


  

6 love notes:

Monique said...

It's so crazy that they didn't want to air this!! They can kiss my fat butt!! lol

Jayka said...

ha, i have seen this on a couple of sites and i have a draft sitting waiting for me to finish it!

she is so hot!

love, keys said...

shes WAY hot!

and go girl lala.. you tem em <3
LOVE YOUUUUU!

chelsea rebecca said...

woah wait...
they rejected this commercial??
REALLY???
then i might have to reject them as a station because that is ridiculous! the victoria secret ads are way worse and so much more scandalous.
this woman has a ROCKIN body! and everyone should be proud to have curves!

rachel said...

I love love love this! You rock, lady. Seriously, this is so awesome, so healthy, such a fantastic, inspiring, all-round fabulous attitude. Keep it up! ;) xxx

Elizabeth said...

super hot. love the post!