Thursday, April 22, 2010

happy mother earth day

Take nothing but pictures.
Leave nothing but footprints.
Kill nothing but time.

Happy Earth Day Lovely Reader! Today we should all be celebrating Mother Earth by spreading awareness and ways we can help make this a better place for me and you. heehee. I was really surprised and excited to see so many of my favorite celebrate take a stand for Earth Day if you haven't check out celebuzz.com you should and see how many celebs have gone green.

I try my best to live well, eat right, and be conscious of the things I do that will effect the earth. It’s important to me to do my best at living an eco-friendly life as well. Taking a note out of Nicole's book I have come up with a list of simple and easy things I can do, to do my part!

1. Carry reusable bags in your car for shopping
2. use a reusable water bottle or tin
3. take shorter showers
4. energy efficient light bulbs
5. CAR pool or take the train to work***
6. Go VEGAN
7. Recycle! - buy only recyclable products and recycle them once used.
8. Reduce! - reduce the amount of lights, water, and gas you use daily. Make less trash buy using hand towels and hand blowers instead of paper towels!!
9. Reuse - Turn things you might throw away into kid friendly projects or house decor (like my jars or Easter bunnies made out of toilet paper rolls)
10. Buy earth friendly products and things made near you (farmers market)

What’s does your list look like?

2 love notes:

Jayka said...

love the list, i will have to get one going too! and i was SOOO on my way to making a new layout too!

love the purple.

Elizabeth said...

love the list also!