Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Vegan French Toast

Sunday morning I made a special treat for my boys, Vegan French Toast it was my first time trying it out but it came out SOOOOOO good, I'm not a big bread person but I feel in love with this, NO SUGAR VEGAN RECIPE, it's so simple too!
All you Need is:
♥ 12-oz. package silken tofu
♥ 1/2 cup soy milk
♥ 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
♥ 1 tsp. cinnamon
♥ 1/2 tsp. salt
♥ 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
♥ 4 to 6 slices of bread
♥ Half a banana (the original recipe didn't call for it but I added it in
♥ Strawberries or any fruit you like (I used bananas as well)

How To:
Combine everything but the bread and strawberries in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour mixture into a bowl and dip each slice of bread into it until coated. On a lightly oiled griddle, brown the battered bread on each side. Serve hot, topped with your choice of fruit with a little maple syrup! YUM!!!
LIVE WELL, GO VEGAN!

4 love notes:

chelsea rebecca said...

umm YUM!!!
this looks so delicious!
are you so excited to eat cheese on sunday??? are you gonna keep up your vegan lifestyle!
this inspires me to eat less dairy!

Elizabeth said...

Yom. your making me really hungry right now, and it's healthy!

sheiswinterwest said...

This looks sooooooooo good!! I have to make this!! And its no sugar ( I abs. Hate sugar I think its because my teeth is so sensitive) great recipe!

Emma Jade said...

That looks AMAZING!!!
Actually craving that right now.. come to my house and be my personal chef please?
xxx