Friday, March 12, 2010

LYBM Day 11

So has life tends to do, get full that is how this week has been, it's a good thing but bad for my LYBM daily post so I apoligize for falling behind so today I will give you TWO post assignments and I will do some great things for you this weekend that I'm really excited about! :D & before I get started I wanted to once again give a HUGE thank you to all of my readers and supporters for all the nice words, ideas, encouragement, and spreading the word! I would like to give a specail thank you to Chelsea-Rebecca of TRIUMPHS and blunders of a KOOKY gal. Chelsea has quickly become one of my favorite people, she is just amazing and so is her blog, it's filled with so much happiness and I just love that, she had a lust for life and fun, she's great, get to know Chelsea-Rebecca! She is the inspiration of assignment #11 she commented on one of my post,

"this is seriously so inspiring.
i love love love reading these post! way to go!!
and p.s. this is one of my favorite articles that scarlett johanson wrote. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/scarlett-johansson/the-skinny_b_186233.html
i think you might like it!"
Like it? I loved it and I thank you very much for sharing it with me, I recommend you all take a min and read it, it's really GOOD and inspiring, it might just change the way YOU think!! So here leads me into day 11.

Day 11 It's no secret that we are so influence by what we see, hear, and read. To the point where we abuse are bodies to inmate what we 'think' is perfect or right. We HAVE to stop this and that way of thinking, we have to save our future daughters from this. But like all things "bad", let the GOOD out weigh it. Please share you favorite 'Celeb' who is a positive role model, for you, health wise, attitude, life style. Tell us why this person inspires you and makes you feel better about you.
Blogger's Choice: Mo'Nique
I've loved Mo'Nique since the first time I heard her, she is just so funny and full of life. But the main thing is that she is so confident in herself, even before the weight loss. She is such an inspiration and self on self love ALL the time. She isn't ashamed of her body and she just loves who SHE is. It's heart warming, really. She has done things like, reenact Beyonce's dance performance and talk about her unshaven legs when others would just sink down into there chairs if ever ask to do so. So is she talented and has broken down many walls for women of color. She has done the unthinkable when it comes to her career as a women and women of color. She is beautiful and so talented. I definitely consider her a positive role model for young girl and women. So is very empowering about being proud of who you are and how you look, she is a prime example of someone who was happy about her looks and comfortable in her own skin but because she wanted to be Healthy and happy she made some changes in her lifestyle. I have the up most respect for this women.



"F.A.T. means fabulous and thick, full and tasty, fluffy and tender."

Mo'Nique even started a reality TV miniseries to empower plus-size women to show them how to love them self and that even though you were over-weight you could still be FABULOUS. It features 10 plus-sized women competing in a beauty pageant to become "Miss F.A.T.," which is "Fabulous and Thick." The show went on for 3 seasons but touched so many more life's then that.

When Asked: Girls everywhere are embracing their bodies due in large part to your campaign against skinny. Since then, fashion designers like Michael Kors have spoken against rail thin models; Roseanne Barr now says she's comfortable with her weight; and plus-size casting has been at an all-time high. Have you started a plus-size revolution?

she said: "I don't think I have, because there were so many women before me that were big and voluptuous. They were very sexy and accepted. I'm not sure when things took a turn. At some point, these invisible people at the Hollywood table said, 'We no longer like that. We want women to look like little boys.' I don't know if I can take that charge. I've always been so comfortable with just me and now I have a platform to say how comfortable I am with me. And in doing so other women can be comfortable, too. It wasn't something I set out to do."
More questions, I love the anwsers to:
Was there a certain point in your life when you said, 'Enough is enough, this is who I am'?
A: When my doctor told me I had high blood pressure I said, 'Ok, let me start taking care of myself.' I give myself an hour a day. Maybe I go for a walk; maybe I climb a hill; maybe I have great sex; or maybe I swim in the pool. I give myself an hour a day to make sure my heart is pumping right.

How did you make that commitment to change?
A:I just gave birth to twins a year ago...
I want to see them when they're 50 years old. I want to meet my great-grandchildren. The moment I gave birth I said, 'Let me not put myself in a position where I'm not in the best place to win.'
Mo'Nique is truly an inspiration and just lives her life as so. It's not all the time that you find women in the public eye who can just "let it all hang out" and NOT CARE, I love that about her, that she wont apologize for who she is and what she does, it's just HER! I think she has made a HUGE impact and women everywhere I know I definitely felt better about myself listening to her and seeing how much she loved her self and then now loved her enough to make health changes in her life.

4 love notes:

Michely Medeiros. said...

i love her sooo much!!! she's such an amazing person and soo inspirational to every woman!!

A.R. said...

wow, she looks so good now, but i loved her before too.

Miss.Fortune said...

omg..i loved this..
you couldnt have pickd anybody better than monique..well you probably couldve but you know what i mean. lol inspiration!

chelsea rebecca said...

mo nique is simply wonderful!
and i just watched precious.. ah! her performance is gut wrenching yet incredible!
this post is wonderful!
and you are too sweet!!!! you most definitely made my day!! and now i can't stop smiling.. so thank you!! and i'm glad you liked the website!