Thursday, February 11, 2010

waiting for the world to change?

He may need to worry about changing his self. So if you haven't already heard about the whole John Mayer "Racist" thing, here we go, apparently during a playboy interview the following was said:

PLAYBOY: It is true; a lot of rappers love you. You recorded with Common and Kanye West, played live with Jay-Z.
MAYER: What is being black? It's making the most of your life, not taking a single moment for granted. Taking something that's seen as a struggle and making it work for you, or you'll die inside. Not to say that my struggle is like the collective struggle of black America. But maybe my struggle is similar to one black dude's.
PLAYBOY: Do black women throw themselves at you?
MAYER: I don't think I open myself to it. My dick is sort of like a white supremacist. I've got a Benetton heart and a fuckin' David Duke cock. I'm going to start dating separately from my dick.


I love John Mayer, I did love John Mayer??? UGH! Why do people go and 'F' with words like that? When you have so many people, fans who love you, you go and make yourself out to be a horrible person. It makes you wonder if that is who he is. I don't know how I feel about him now! He has already "apologized" for the interview remarks at his concert last night. In the apology, Mayer talked around what was said in the interview, but said he was trying to be "clever" and "did that at the expense of people I love." I believe people make mistakes but come on?? He goes on to say that he now looks like a "creep", which I agree! and states,
"I quit the media game. I'm out. I'm done," pretty much choked-up he then told the audience, "I just want to play my guitar." and thanked his band for standing behind him. How many fans has this man just lost, over some "clever" interview answers.... Was it worth it?

Please tell me how you feel about John now and will you still listen to his music and buy his music? Do you think he should be labeled as a "Racist"?

If you want to see the video of John's concert "apology" CLICK HERE

6 love notes:

Jayka said...

hmmmm... i dont know what to think or feel

elmira said...

thank you miss lala! hooooow on earth did you remember me? I used to love reading your blog everyday, and then I moved from sweden to romania to study medicin and didnt really get the time to follow any blogs anymore.. but i'm glad ta see you and your man still is growing strong! I love genuine looovestories like that :)

Jessica Druck said...

i used to find him sexy...that was before twitter and he had a voice. Now .... he's just an ass. Some things are better silent and sticking to what they do best: guitar.

Elizabeth said...

i love John Mayer!!!

Celeste said...

i think this question is hard to answer and maybe even impossible. people become celebrities and all of a sudden we act like we know who they are. i have no idea who john mayer is, but i love his music. sometimes that's a part of who someone is, sometimes not completely. but even though he sounds like a douchebag and kind of has a reputation for it, i'm happy only hearing what he sings into my headphones :)

Fre$h as $he Wannabee said...

he is annoying YUCK....I mean who says they have a WHITE SUPREMISIST DICK!!!!! wtf does that mean! lmao