Monday, February 08, 2010

Sunday Eats

Although Aaron and I didn't get much bonding time this weekend, due to his lame work schedule, that didn't stop me from spoiling his tummy with our yummy Sunday Eats!!
Menu: Vegetarian Chill (with Beans) and Corn Bread.

This is one of my favorite dishes in the world! (I love making it spicy) It's fairly simple if you use can beans, soaking is a little more time consuming. I love putting all types of beans in mine, this one includes, Pinto, Kidney, Garbanzo, and Black beans. First I put the morning star "crumbles" and chorizo to cook with a little olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. I then added in green onions, carrots, and (2)green chillies (all finely chopped). In a large bowl I drained and mixed all bean with some salt, olive oil, and chili pepper. Once "crumbles" and chorizo was golden brown I added the bean mixture. In a small mixing blow I put in all my spices and 1/4 cup tomato juice and mixed together to create a sauce. Chop up (3) nice size tomatoes and poured in tomatoes and sauce. Cover on medium heat and begin your cornbread! Enjoy!

13 love notes:

briana said...

omg that sounds so good! I think I might just have to try that!

Crumz said...

Thanks LaLa! I would loveeee to go to Cali. My nephew and sis live out there, so I actually may be coming in the summer hopefully. ;-)

I gots a list of people I have to hit up if I go to Cali. If I go, maybe we can meet up, and I'll hook you up with some crazy nails! Im glad you like them!

Crumz said...

Oh, btw..
I just did a new 3d Nail, which I'll be posting up later tonight. Check it out if you get a chance

<3

xoxoKrysten said...

Oh that looks totally yummy!

Jayka said...

it makes me feel all warm :)

Amy Renee said...

Ok, this chili looks soo deslish! My friend is a vegetarian, she would probably love this!

Emily Anne said...

DARLING place setting! :) I love love love it all. So cute.
Your blog is adorable too. Wow.

Xoxo- Emily

KEYS said...

ohh this look soo good
and cute aw!

Darling Nikky said...

Mmmmm! this looks deeeelish!
Can you cook for me when we meet?? lol!

Meg said...

mmm this looks fantastic! i'd love to try a good veggie chili...

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

oh choirzo, i love you!

Miss.Fortune said...

lala i will let you cook for me anyday =)

Elizabeth said...

yummy. food looks delish and healthy!