Monday, February 22, 2010

rain on my parade

So after having such a fabulous Saturday I was looking forward to Sunday and having a day with Aaron. Originally we had the day all planned out, lunch and two movies following by some shopping. Well once *he got up, I cleaned house and got everyone together (I still had my niece over) We headed out to have brunch, I chose MiMi's Cafe. It was really cold outside and I instantly regretted my outfit choice, gray tights, long knitted sweater, and fats (no socks). Lucky I had a jacket in the car. Had a (not) so fabulous brunch being that MiMi's is not very Vegan Friendly and like most places my only option was a veggie burger, no mayo, no cheese and a house salad. Not impressed! It's was good but ahh, not my typical choice brunch! But when lent calls you gotta deal! It was a good time tho and great company. (& pretty darn cheap!) *I love cheap!* Once we were done eating it had began to POUR rain outside, and I don't use the tear "pour" lightly. Walking from the front door of the restaurant to our car I literally got soaked! :\ I was soaked and freezing! The rain wasn't letting up and it was hard to see while driving so we decided just to head home... No movie :\ Once we got home we played around, laid around, snacked, and watched Role Models and sadly to say that was my Sunday, I passed out a little before 7:30pm, now that's just crazy lmao now that's why my nickname is grandma hahaha. Hope your Sunday was Shinning more then mine. Tell me about it! ox

9 love notes:

KEYS said...

ahhH! my sunday was just as bad lol. but just no rain! i passed out around 9 i was just so drained! awww hopefully the veganNESS goes better for you <3.
you have the cutest little family!

Kara said...

What crazy rain!!! It's been raining here nonstop too. Weird, weird, weird weather. I want the SUN back!

Jayka said...

my sunday was church and snuggling on the couch, it rained here too. my brothers came over because my brother eric's tire was REALLY REALLY low so we had a little drama in our afternoon. i don't think we even made dinner.

Madi Rose said...

love those last two pictures AND the song that plays when i visit your blog.

ps: you are tagged! visit my blog.

Crumz said...

Ouch! Thats a lot of water. You think thats cold!!!???? We still are getting snow over here, and its getting warmer little by little, its now on average 30-35 degrees which is a BIG improvement form negative below! Haha! Thats Chicago for ya!
Thanks for always showing love Lala. I always appreciate your support.

Miss.Fortune said...

it ended up raining here on sunday as well..i wasnt happy but i tried my best to enjoy my day off..i cant stand to be unprepared when it rains unexpectedly!

but of course you all look cute and your son is soooo adorable!

btw. i LOVED your response on my blog about the interracial dating. i want to feature your response on my site in a few days. =) you spoke nothing but the truth and i am glad you are able to experience the definition of LOVE with NO COLOR. Love doesnt have a color.

Elizabeth said...

the photos are too cute!!! also, i'm hosting a giveaway! go join!

sheiswinterwest said...

i love the rain when i'm not out in it.. it was raining here yesterday then started hailing then it started snowing.. lol this weather is all messed up.. your photos are cute as always!

Briana said...

My goodness! it looks like you need a BOAT to get through all that water! Sunday I ended up going to the mall by MYSELF hehe. felt like i just needed some retail therapy and ended up getting things for EVERYONE but myself. :) which I was proud of! Came home and went to sleep around 8..see ur not the only one :) haha