Wednesday, February 10, 2010

mommy r-e-s-p-e-c-t

Yesterday I was forced to stay home with little man because my sister who usually watches him had to go to her military base, couldn't afford child care for the day, and Aaron had to work as well, so that leaves mama to take a sick day and stay home with the little monster! (lol) For the longest time (B.C -before child) I always thought that I would L-ooo-ve to be a stay at home mom, that is if I was well off $$$ wise. I always wanted a big family too! & of course BOTH those ideas have changed! I pretty much say, "one and done" now and staying at home is pretty much not for me, for the most part. Don't get me wrong I enjoy spending time with my son and I love being a mommy it's just that I would go INSANE if I was home with him every minute of every day... it's just too much. lol I think yesterday was hard because it was raining so hard and so much, so we really couldn't go out, and BURN all that energy kids have! After a while he gets so bored that he just drives mama crazy getting into everything making huge messes and so on, you just can't even get anything done, work, email, cook, clean... so on. I started think about the mom's that do, do this every day and I thought WOW, your are special! I mean I've NEVER been a patient person, never. People always said patients come when you have children but that's just NOT my case, at least not so far. I do try really hard with Exavier but sometime, I just lost it! lol I guess you can never really tell how you are going to be until it happens. My dreams of having my own little soccer team is so far behind me, although I may give in and (MIGHT) have ONE more child once Aaron and I are married (MAYBE) that's it! I would do it for him cause I'm completely satisfied with one beautiful boy! He is too, when Exavier drives him crazy lol Needless to say this post was mostly to vent and show much respect to those stay at home moms and doing a great job at it and still holding onto there sanity lol I truly commend you! One thing I can say for sure is that I can truly enjoy and appreciate my weekends with my child rather then if I didn't work all though the work week. It take a special person to be a mommy to begin with and I'm grateful that the lord felt I was that person to be blessed with such an amazing child! Much love to all my mama holding it down and an extra special type love for those single mommys like myself!

5 love notes:

Miss.Fortune said...

yes very much respect to you and stay at home moms..
my patience isnt up to par to watch any kids. girrrrllll i commend you..lol but he is the cutest. im sure you two have fun

Cat said...

:) I'm a stay at home mom, my daughter is 15 months. It can be very frustrating at times and sometimes it seems like all I do is clean up her messes haha but we're getting better and I actually really love being home with her. I would miss all these little moments in the day, and I'm happy with my decision to stay home with her. Your little boy is adorable!! :)

xoxo,
Cat

Jayka said...

mommas are awesome. the end.

sheiswinterwest said...

your a great mom!!! i hope i'm just as great when i have children. :)

Elizabeth said...

i love this photo!