Friday, February 12, 2010

if you never did, you should...

take a last min road trip to San Diego for 4th of July weekend!


{this post is for Jodi's "if you never did" photo contest.}
Rules: share a photo(s) of your favorite adventure and a story/explanation of it. This is a great thing to blog about and also fun contest it's simple, just go to: ifyouneverdid.com and follow the rules, happy adventure and posting!!

About two years ago I decided that I needed to get away, I was going threw a lot of things in my personal life, so i decided to do one of the best things in life...ROAD TRIP!! My best friend at the time and my son's god father, packed up my car and just took off, without any planning at all we just drove! It was 4th of July weekend and the sun was shinning and it was the perfect time to take a drive and leave it all behind, that's just what we did.

These are some of my favorite memories of my son's first 4th of July, playing in the water, having a sand fight, watching the fireworks over the water, amazing food, and nothing but sunshine. We explored the city by, foot, bike, and taxi. It was the perfect summer night for walking on the sand and experiencing street talent! I don't think I've had another 4th quite like this...

7 love notes:

briana said...

I've always wanted to take a spontaneous trip somewhere! No planning, just getting up and going. I bet you had so much fun! I usually dont do much for the 4th of July, but maybe this year I shall! :)

Miss.Fortune said...

you are the bomb!
that just told the cutest story and i hope you win.
im from cali and i've been to san diego once..i actually didnt like it =( lol but that doesnt mean i wont go again!
i miss the beaches though. i lived by the beach for 18yrs and now i miss them sooo much

superduperkya said...

i hope you win!
i love the pictures :)

Elizabeth said...

I hope you win too and that is just amazing! i wish i could pick up an d go but it isn't as easy. good luck love!

Jodi said...

aw thanks so much for your entry! this is great :)

elmira said...

ahhh wonderful summer pictures, give's me the life is goooood feeling! Weell I actually hate being so far away from my fam & bf, it's hard..but i have great supporting friends so yh.. If I decide that it's going to be 6 good years, it will..(lying2myself). How about you? :)

Mercedes said...

absoloutly loveeee road trips. once when i lived in minnesota during the summer we went from minnesota to cali spent two months then cali to texas spent a month and then back to minnesota. LOVED it.