Friday, February 26, 2010

Curry with a Ghost

Last night was dinner for one, Aaron worked late and Exavier was with his nina. After lusting over a meal on From Scratch earlier in the day I was set on making it, even if it was just for me. I'm worth it! Of course I had to adjust the recipe a little since I'm vegan but it was simple and OMG probably the best meal I've had in a while, it was so yummy and just what I needed! Urban Eats #27: Cauliflower and Potato Curry, Emma made it look so good I couldn't resist the try!

Ingredients: 1/2 large red onion, 4-5 red potatoes, 1 small head of cauliflower, 1 clove of garlic (I used 4, i love GARLIC), 1/2 tsp. cumin, 1 tsp curry powder, 1/4 tsp garam masala (went w/out it, used fresh pepper in place), 20 ounces of diced tomatoes in their juices (used fresh tomatoes instead) and 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt (used vanilla soy milk) I also added mushrooms!

Chop onions and garlic. Cube potatoes and cauliflower and set aside. In a large pot heat some olive oil and salt and lightly saute onions and garlic. Add the potatoes, cauliflower, & mushrooms. Add all spices, cover each piece of potato and cauliflower. Add in tomatoes, bring to a boil. Cover, cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in yogurt or soy milk. Serve with some brown rice and nice green salad. YUM!♥
So I spent my night watching Ghost Whisper and eating my yummy curry. It was actually fabulous. Among Criminal Minds I'm also deeply obsessed with Ghost Whisper and Jennifer Love Hewitt ! Again I also watch this, every day during the week! Yup it's pretty bad lol and yes TODAY is a NEW episode!! :D This vegan-ness is getting better and easier! ♥

10 love notes:

Cat said...

I didn't know you were vegan! That's cool! How long have you been vegan?
That recipe sounds yum! I used to love watching Ghost Whisperer, but for some reason just stopped watching it.

xoxo,
Cat

Elizabeth said...

that looks really yummy :)

sheiswinterwest said...

omg another recipe i need to try!!! it looks really good.

Briana said...

Im half Guyanese, so my dads side of the family, literally, eats curry everyday! LOL So I think growing up I've grown to get sick of it lmao but that looks delicous! Have you ever tried Thai Curry? mmhm its yum

Kara said...

That looks SO DELICIOUS. I saw it on Emma's blog the other night and wanted to try it. Now that you said it was delish, I gotta try it!

LaLa said...

@Cat Well I went Vegan for lent so since Feb 17th but I've been a vegetarian for almost 3 years now. & so far I'm really enjoying being Vegan, seriously I can tell a difference! Thanks for reading :)

@Bri YES I love Thai curry!! I love Thai food period lol.

Thanks loves for reading and commenting! You guys always make my day! <3

Sylvia said...

That sounds like an awesome night to me! Curry is my absolute fav! + I love the tele!

superduperkya said...

if you would have told me you ALSO know how to cook, you would've never been eating that alone! lol.

Miss.Fortune said...

oh my..that curry chicken looks soooo delish..and im jealous because i cant eat anything solid

Mama Holli said...

That meal looks delicious! So healthy too!! Great blog!! Love your header with all the photos!!!
Coming back to visit you!!
Mama Holli