Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Golden Heart

I'm a little late with this but for those who are like myself and don't watch much tv let alone award shows (you know why)I really wanted to share this, Mo’Nique Wins Best Supporting Actress Golden Globe for her role in the movie Precious (which I still haven't seen but heard a know it's extremely powerful) :( When I see stuff like this it's just yet another reminder to never give up on yourself or your dreams! I love Mo'Nique and I'm so hyped that she won a Golden Globe there is not many who can say that, she truly deserves it! I cried watching her give her speech, you can watch it here. But her speech was right on point and so heart felt! Congrats to her!! ps. she looks so amazing!


First let me say, thank you, God, for this amazing ride that you’re allowing me to go on.

Everybody kept asking me do I know my speech, and I said, ‘No, I don’t know what I’m going to say because I don’t want people to think I just know I done won something,’ so no, I don’t know! But I am shaking when I tell you all I am in the midst of my dream and when I look into the eyes of the man I stood next to at 14 years old and I said to him, ‘One day we’re going to be stars, and he said, ‘You first. And we walked this red carpet together tonight. Sidney, I will love you more than you will ever know, baby.

Lee Daniels, the world gets a chance to see how brilliant you are. You are a brilliant, fearless, amazing director who would not waver, and thank you for trusting me. To Gabby, sister, I am in awe of you. Thank you for letting me play with you.

I celebrate this award with all the Precious’, with all the Mary’s — I celebrate this award with every person that’s ever been touched. It’s now time to tell. And it’s okay.

1 love notes:

zodiac said...

wow, this blew me away. the crazy thing is is that i've heard she's been acting bitchy since precious, but i still like mo', and you should see the movie, it was amazing, just be prepared to cry