Tuesday, December 01, 2009

shop till... your happy



Lately, I've been involved in some massive retail therapy... The worst part of it is that I suffer from buyers remorse... FML! But as shitty as I was feeling and as stressed as I am, buying a new pair of shoes or lovely home accessories REALLY, REALLY, REALLY make me feel better... I mean once I get home and see what I've spent.. That's when I get sick to my stomach (not kidding!) it feels just like a panic attack if any of you are familiar with those. So I mean really it's a double ended sword! But just like I told my sister, "it's better then eating". But at what point is "transferring" your pain a problem and what if you don't or can't say when (stop). I learned a long time ago that money, things, yes sadly even shoes don't make you happy, at least not long term... I should know after all the things I've purchased in the last month. smh. But then again my new leather jacket can't hurt me and it will always keep me warm...

"A man will never love you or treat you as well as a store. If a man doesn't fit, you can't exchange him seven days later for a gorgeous cashmere sweater. And a store always smells good. A store can awaken a lust for things you never even knew you needed. And when your fingers first grasp those shiny, new bags... oh yes... oh yes." -Rebecca Bloomwood (Confessions of a Shopaholic)

0 love notes: