Saturday, August 22, 2009

time > $$$

"I don’t know what’s better gettin’ laid or gettin’ paid."
This is officially my 13th day working straight. No day off & none in the close future either.. smh. Fall Orientation is starting next week and it's just been crazy busy here. The summer went by so fast... man where does all the time go?!? Sometimes I feel like life is passing me by while I'm pushing mad hours. I miss my life. My son. My boyfriend. My family. Shit I think I only Barbecued once this whole summer. smh. Most folks are like, "yea make that money.." & I'm like don't you know the more you make the MORE they TAKE. smh. I hate taxes. I swear my last check they took out a little over 800 dollars... I wanted to cry lol. Do you know what I could of bought for my house with that extra 800. UGH!! Non the less check is a bit fatter and $$ is always nice. But one thing money can't buy is TIME!! Can't get back the hours I'm missing with my boy. He is growing up so fast and he IS the MAIN reason for my hustle. To provide and spoil. & I'm missing my boo, quality time, we are both always so tired and to lazy to do anything. We both work are asses off but in the end is it worth it? All the extra hours I put in and the double shifts he pulls.. One thing is for sure my son will only be a child ONCE. Sure he enjoys the gifts I can give him but he enjoys mommy time even more. Some days when I drop him off at day care all I can think of is how nice it would be if I never had to work and just be with him and watch him grow. Most of y'all know I'm not having anymore children, he's my first and last. So I'm trying to enjoy the moments. Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the green and buying things. But in the end what makes you happy? What's it worth? There is a balance between working and mothering it's just hard to find and have it when your the only parent providing. I haven't yet reached the peak of my exhaustion just yet, I mean I really can't I have another week to go before I can even think about having a day off. I just remain positive. Eating ever so healthy and trying to sleep when I can. *TRUTH* I rather spend more time with my boys before even thinking about sleeping. Guess the simplest way to finish this post would be to say, "make that money girl, just don't let it make you..."


1 love notes:

NIC-KIA said...

efinnn work-a-holic!
how do u have the time to blog??
but u know what they say....MONEY is the MONEY
LOVE the new layout BTW

kissiiees ny-nyte!