Thursday, May 14, 2009

chasing the dream

"Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For everything in the world — the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does — comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever."
1 John 2:15-17

What do you want out of Life ?
my sister and I had a great conversation this morning, one of the many topics we hit was about happiness, the joys of the WORLD, and the joys of you HEART. That one simple question, "what do you want out of life" tell a lot about a person, how do you answer it? One thing I've learned in my short life is that money, cars, and clothes ALL perish, you can NOT take your designer bag with you when you die, AND your wont need to, if your faith is the same as mine, I have SO MUCH MORE waiting for me in heaven! A side from that what I'm trying to say is the people hustle hard to gain the world and all the $$$ in it, to get what they believe is "happiness" all the things money can buy!?!! Truth IS you can spend your life gaining the world and all sorts of fancy belongings and you can wake up one day and realize how EMPTY your life is!!? Well the answer to my sister's question this morning, "Adela, what is it you want out of life?" I instantly responded, "Happiness! Just to be happy" as simple as it sounds it's really how I live my life everyday, I work; to feed my child, have a roof over my head, a car to drive, and clothes on our backs. I don't pride myself on the money I make nor do the things I own represent me and my happiness level. SURE everyone life would be a little easier with more money and SURE I like nice things and going to beautiful place, BUT that's not why I'm here; to chase a dollar. I've also learned that no amount of money will ever bring you happiness, nor will an executive title before your name, a brand new 2010 car can't keep you warm, nor can latest apple gadget enjoy with you, your achievements in life....

what are you in pursuit of...

1 love notes:

Tuotierugif >^..^<© said...

I'm the same way, as long as I can pay my bills, have food to eat and a roof over my head I consider myself blessed