Wednesday, April 22, 2009

virgin skin

Aaron and I were having a conversation the other day about tattoos. Many of you may or may not know my views of them. Those who don't let me feel you in very quickly, I'll keep this short! lol
I think tattoos are disgusting! (sorry) I think it's a lame way to express yourself and in 20 years when you bodies NOT so "tight" you gonna be looking hella ridiculous! Women and tattoos say nothing to me but unfeminine (again, sorry) I think it looks cheap and trashy. STRESS! YOUR BODY IS NOT AN ART CANVAS! YOUR BODY IS YOUR TEMPLE! I think right now people are getting tattoos like crazy because it's "in" it's "cool", "everyone is doing it" lmao. I mean really start thinking for yourself a little bit! With all these shows revolving around tattoos it's no wonder more then half of the world is brain washed! I want to make it clear that I'm in NO WAY knocking you if you have them, I'm simply stating MY OPINION and how I FEEL about it. *REMINDER* it's my BLOG! Anyhow the reason I bring this up is because I stumbled across an story on Pharrell....

VIBE:

Pharrell, the more visible member of both the Neptunes and N.E.R.D., is aiming to change his skateboard image by removing some of his tattoos. But he won’t be doing it the old-fashioned way. This week the music mogul and fashion trendsetter told British Vogue that his tattoos no longer fit his lifestyle and so he is trying a revolutionary new tattoo removal procedure, which involves applying replicated skin over old body art. “It’s basically like getting a skin graft, but you’re not taking skin from your ass or your legs. These guys actually grow the skin for you,” he explained to Vogue. “First you have to give them a sample of your skin, which they then replicate. Once that’s been done, they sew it on - and it’s seamless.” With such a new and drastic procedure, one can only imagine the cost of the quick outpatient surgery. Although Pharrell would not give exact numbers, he did say that regardless of the price he plans to go ahead with the surgery. “It’s going to be pricey, but worth it,” he says. “I got fire on my arms! I’m a grown man!” The most common form of tattoo removal is laser treatment, which can be a very lengthy and painful process. The new grafting procedure should be a faster, less painful alternative.


I just think that now that Pharrell, a famous person is doing this. We are about to see SO MANY people and Celebs do the SAME shit. Follow the leader ay. smh.

I would just like to say, I love my virgin skin. that is all.

5 love notes:

Mrs. Johnson said...

great points! yes, our bodies are temples and we should try to take care of them as much as possible in every kind of way. as far as pharrell, hopefully this will inspire a lot of people NOT to get outrageous tattoos and get something that is timeless instead if they really want one.

personally, i have a butterfly (which i love like i love disney) tattoo, then added to it with some flowers around my ankle. it's cute! it's girly, i can cover it up if need be for professional reasons, and i don't think the skin around my ankle will sag tooo much when i'm older. lol. big stuff-i'm not into. getting tattoos becomes addicting, though, because i want to add to it but if i do, i'm sure my grandma will have a bigger fit than she did when she saw these two. lol

LaaLaa said...

I heard about Pharrell and 50 Cent getting there tattoo's removed; idk i think if ur going to get a tattoo it should symbolize something with longtivity but damn; this shits gonna hurt getting all them tattoo's removed.

Danielle said...

I agree, when everyone asks me do i have a tatoo. i say do u c a bumpersticker on a bently? hell no. so there are no bumper stickers on me {tatoos}.. hehe. love yah blog lala

RAEthoven said...

^^^ lol. for some reason i have an obession with tattoos, i just don't have any. it's been carved in my head that tattoos on women are horrible and as much as i have a few in mind i think that the reason i don't have any ( and the fact that im horrified of needles ). folk shouldnt just be puttin whatever on their bodies in the first place. hopefully him getting rid of his tats will keep people who aren't that serious about them from getting some in the first place.

Tuotierugif >^..^<© said...

What I hate about tats today is that everyone is getting the same one like the star tat lol it's like if your gonna get a tat have some originality and let it have meaning behind it. Also I hate when people get tats on places like their face or their necks, yuck :( lol