Thursday, April 09, 2009

under the sea


I came into work this morning to find that my beloved Charlie had died....
I immediately started crying, I can't front I still am! Many of you may remember the significance of my fish Charlie, my best friend, Monica gave me Charlie which was her fish when she quit Scripps to move back to Virgina. You may also remember how torn up I was when Moni left, it's been months now since Moni has left and left Charlie in my care. It's been an adjustment not seeing my BFF everyday and talking to her everyday. Needless to say I talked to Charlie everyday (a replacement?) Although me and Moni are still friends and I love her to death, just like every other situation life goes forward and you live in two different time zones and you contact becomes less and less NOT because you want to but because you start living your life and adjusting to your new environment. Coming into work and seeing Charlie not breathing was one of the worst feelings I've ever had, I feel like a lost a part of me. I'm seriously distraught! I have called Moni to tell her yet... I will I'm just trying to gather myself, everyone here is like I'll buy you a new one. It's just not the same and I don't want another one! The tokens of me and Moni's friendship is what keeps me going from day to day, sitting here looking at this empty tank is hell on the heart. The good news is Moni will be here in May for graduation and we can reconnect again, bad news is, then she goes home.

Charlie is in heaven now, that's what my co-worker told me to try and make me stop crying and feel better. It didn't work.

RIP Charlie 4-9-09.

2 love notes:

Tuotierugif >^..^<© said...

Aw I know how much pets can mean to a person. I have 5 which I love/hate to death and if anything happened to them I would react the same way. I hope you feel better soon and I'm glad to hear that you'll get to see your friend soon! Keep your head up ;)

Mrs. Johnson said...

awww! our fish, whose name was "fishy", died last year. hope you can get thru it!!!