Monday, April 20, 2009

eight years today;

Dear Mom,

It's been 8 years since you've been gone and somehow it only feels like days but wow how I've grown and changed. I hold my head up cause I'm sure your proud, how your baby has grown into a mature women with a child of her own. But I must confess there isn't a moment that goes by that I don't wish you were by my side. Helping and perfecting me into a mother, only if I could be half the women you were. I strive everyday knowing your above the clouds watching.

Today marks 8 years since you've been gone and this never gets any easier but one things I've learned over time is, not to cry cause your gone but smile because you lived! Although not on ground and not in plane site, you inspire me everyday to be a better person and mother. I know your here in spirit but what I wouldn't give to see you play with your only grandson, just once...

A lot has happened in 8 years and I'm sure you haven't missed a beat, sitting on a cloud watching me. From great times to moments of defeat I want you to know I lived threw them all, you taught me how to live, you taught me how to love, you taught me to be a women who can hold her own!

Mom I just want to thank you for leaving foot steps in the sand, which I could follow and also make my own along the way. I miss you so much and heaven seems so far away but I keep relying on one sweet day.

Eight years ago today I lost the most important women in my life but she left me with four beautiful, intelligent women she knew could fill her shoes.

Mommy simply enough,
I love you.


Love always,
your moomoos
-Adela

4 love notes:

Mrs. Johnson said...

heartfelt-thanks for sharing...

rissapeace, said...

awww deep, It's ONLY OBVIOUS why your a strong lady! i take my hat off to you... it's nice to know smiles and reminincing is still living & your greatest memories lay in the sand... (;

Little Miss Knobody said...

This was very sweet and touching.
<3

Tuotierugif >^..^<© said...

Your mom was so beautiful! I know she is looking down on you and is very proud! ;)