Tuesday, February 24, 2009

40 days and 40 nights ,

I'm sure most of you are familiar with Lent, the 40-day season of preparation for the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. That starts on Ash Wednesday and traditional practiced by Catholics. Although I am not Catholic I tend to participate in sacrificing for the 40 days and 40 nights.

As trees shed their old leaves, so too this season invites us to shed the old to live a life full of newness.


Traditionally forty days in Lent which are marked by fasting, both from foods and festivities, and by other acts of penance. The three traditional practices to be taken up with renewed vigour during Lent are prayer, fasting, and almsgiving (which is giving to others). People tend to give up a vice, add something that will bring them closer to God, and often give the time or money spent doing that to charitable purposes or organizations.

Lent came right on time, where I'm at the place in my life where I'm happy with me and have gotten rid of so many things I didn't need! Thus my next step is to gain strength and better my walk with god. Those who know me personally know that I carry my faith with me and have always held God as #1 in my life. But I am human and I do have my faults and slip ups, as we all do. I'm not trying to be prefect, there is no such thing. I just want to be a better me. Happy, healthy, fulfilled, and at peace with who I am and ALL I do! I tend to take this 40/40 and take the new me up 10 notches!!

I spent the day going back and forth with myself and inner spirit trying to decided what it is I wanted to do with this and where I wanted to go and what I wanted to get out of it... One thing you may or may not know about me is that I LOVE a challenge. I'm a huge achiever. BUT that's not what this is about and I don't want this to be another challenge I had to concur! This is a great opportunity for me to face some ghost, cleanse my soul even further and strength my relationship with the lord. Thus way I need to make huge sacrifices!

What I came up with was this, my main objective of my C H A N G E . was to love me, put me first, and realize that I shouldn't rely on anyone else to make me happy. So....

The Sacrifices - {40days & 40nights without} sweets (all sugar) , caffeine , swearing , & sex! (that last one was crucial! ha.

The Replacements - {40days & 40nights with} more prayer , more reading , and more self love.

The next 40 days is going to very intense but I intend to see this all the way threw. I know as long as I follow with the right attitude and right mind set I can pull threw, stronger, wiser, happier, healthier, and more in love with the lord. With each savings, of time, money, and energy I fully intend to spend it on me and god. I plan to take this time to progress as a person, mentally, spiritually, and without all the junk I'm sure physically! (that's a plus)As I draw closer to the life style of choosing me first, this is definitely something I'm doing FOR ME! I'll just make this clear now, I could careless what you think about it, keep your negativity for the next bird who cares to listen to all that ish, it's not me! AGAIN I'm doing what feels good to me!!! On this walk with god, I surround myself with positivity, love and support of those who cheer me on during my emancipation!

Tomorrow is the line drawn in the dirt, ready set go...
Join me on my journey to Clarity. Peace. Serenity.


stay tune,
lala

4 love notes:

Joleena said...

it is so nice to have you back.

xoxo joleena

Myke B said...

hit me with that link to that friends posts you were mentioning to me

LALA WARHOLA said...

i was wondering where u went, nice to have u back

Craigjc said...

This blog is hot.

Just showing love.
come visit sometime.

http://popwife.blogspot.com/