Thursday, January 08, 2009

the year of,

C H A N G E

President-elect Obama called on Congress to pass his new economic recovery plan. It's an ambitious program to save or create 3 million jobs while investing in health care, clean energy, and green jobs.

Yet the right wing is prepared to fight against Obama with everything they've got. They don't want to pay for key provisions like health care for laid-off workers. They just want more tax cuts for the rich.

"I don't believe it's too late to change course, but it will be if we don't take dramatic action as soon as possible. If nothing is done, this recession could linger for years." -Obama

1 love notes:

Seth B. said...

I like this picture because it looks like Obama is walking Bush out of HIS house. "Thanks for stopping by George." Classic.

I've always wondered what type of evil spirit it takes to deny plans that provide health care, jobs and clean energy for Americans. I guess I'd have to be conservation or a sadist to understand it. I feel sorry for the right wing because they're fighting a loosing battle. CHANGE won't happen overnight, but it's definitely coming...