Friday, January 02, 2009

how can you text handsfree?

the freeway sign said "Don't text and drive Jan 1." So no texting New Years Day. Right. But rest of the year I'm good to go??!?

So...
California no-text law goes into effect New Year's Day 2009. The new "LAW", signed by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger in 2008, bans writing, sending, or reading a text-based communication while driving in California. The ban includes, and is not limited to: text messages, instant messages, or e-mail, according to the vehicle department. A $20 fine for a first offense and $50 for each time after that. Repeat offenders could face triple the fine amount.

The state already requires adult drivers to use handsfree devices for cell phones, and bans 16- and 17-year-olds from using any at all.

So my question is how can I text handsfree? lmao.

I guess I will actually have to drive when I'm driving for now on, W2G Arnold!! OH!! But they didn't say anything about taking pictures!!?!

1 love notes:

Mendoza Santos said...

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?!
has it really become that much of a problem.. to implement a law against it?

omg.
texting is my life.

girl, let's collabo and invent a speech-identifying system.. but that's stupid cuz what i you wanna just text "lol"
:/

that sucks!!