Wednesday, December 31, 2008

last day of 08,


"We all die. The goal isn’t to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."
― Chuck Palahniuk


Make 2009 YOUR year,
for all things great!!
Claim it NOW, Own it!
2009 is your time to shine
hustle hard, stronger, & deeper
then ever before.
Make it count, tomorrow, or another year isn't promised
Say all you have to say in 08 and then walk away
don't carry your issues, problems, hang ups, and down falls of 2008 into 2009
put the drama, hate, bitterness, and all the extra BS to rest.
A new year means bigger and greater things
open you mind to new things, people, places, and ideas
Give the world more of you in 09!!!
Don't make resolutions, they were only made to be broken
instead set goals and time lines in which to met those goals, it's so much more promising this way. Trust.
As time is ticking down, do what you have to do
give yourself closure for all that's gone down
say what you have to say and be done
The best way to start a new year is with a fresh start and sweeter outlook at what's to come.
Make it better by KNOWING it will be better!!

"When the Winds of Change become too Strong Close your Eyes, Listen, and Allow the Breeze to become Song"



four 4 O-nine
1. Me, Myself, & I.
--I know it may be kind of selfish but the truth is I can't remember the last time I did just that, put myself first. I'm always thinking about the other person and never really doing what's best for me or what I want to do. Thus why, I'm sure I get taken advantage of and so many take my kindness for weakness. I work so hard to take care of my son, I hustle so freaking hard to excel at being a single mom that I forget to make me happy. So for 2009 my main goal is to Do Me cause in reality who can do me any better?!? I wont stop being who I am (nice, giving, etc) but I will gain and maintain boundaries for my personal relationships and I for damn sure will stop breaking my back for folks who would never do it for me, YOU know who you are. I'm not changing I'm just putting some of my habits on the shelf.

2. It's a bird, it's a plan, it's LALA
--My second goal for 2009 is to get the HELL out of CALIFORNIA!! Give it a rest and see what else this world has to offer. Since I plan on moving to the east coast and my best friend is moving BACK to the EC that will be TOP of my list next year and I have plenty of vacation time. My girls and I have already planed out two other trips so far and I can't wait to do some traveling with my sisters. Part of that goal includes getting my damn passport. UGH! But I can't wait to fill that sucker up. So if your not in Cali and you care for company, invite me over. :) It's 09 and time to fly, literally.

3. Health Crunch
--Now a million and two people are going to "resolute" to lose weight, exercise, yadd yadd yadd. That's NOT what this is about. As many of you know I was sick a lot in 2008 spent a lot of and too much of my time at the doctor, in the hospital, getting test, getting out patient, etc etc. Well NOT in 09 I'm not! My goal is to stay healthy, WHATEVER that in details. Just making myself feel better and I know that starts with attitude! My goal is to work on myself as a whole, taking my vitamins on the daily, drinking nothing but water, and slowing down on my coffee intake. As you may know I'm a vegetarian, my goal is to be a BETTER one, a healthier one, cause you can be a hell-of-a unhealthy veggie and we don't want that. I am also aiming for cutting out the fish. (YIKES, God help me with that!)

4. Love Me Not
--My last goal of 2009 is to stay out of loves way. Seems harsh but it's true. lol. Let's see I've been single going on 3 years now (ouch, that hurts to even write that, heh) Anyhow let's just say, 2008 was a terrible, terrible, TERRIBLE year in the relationship stance. I went out with and met some real... well let's just call them 'ESP' (extra special person). Yes some real winners. Anyway, to say the bare least, just WOFT. Don't get me wrong I did come across some genius men who will forever be part of my life but just not in the love aspect of it. At one point I noticed that it wasn't just the men I was meeting or NOT meeting, it was also myself. I wasn't open, I thought I was, and I wanted to be but my mind and heart did other wise. I guess I had some things I was dealing with that made me UNrelationship material....idk that's what he said hahaha. Anyway I took a step back at one point after being totally fucked over. *cough cough* I guess I never dealt with it, baggage isn't easy to carry so like I said in goal #1 this is my year to do myself, love included. I need to love myself again, get to know who I am, what I like, and what I want. Cause the truth is as much as I want someone to love me, I have to love me first! Goal #4 NO dating, sex, boyfriends, "friends", "cuddle buddies", etc etc. A year off from the "game". (God Help me!) Time for LaLa to reconnect, re-evaluate, and re-arrange, my mind, my thinking, my heart, and realize what it is I'm really looking for and needing in a partner. PS. This is prime time FOR ME, sorry if you don't like it!

So that's me, what do you all have in mind for 09?

Just remember;
"The rest of your life is a long time and whether you know it or not it’s being shaped right now. You can choose to blame your circumstances on fate or bad luck or bad choices or you can fight back. Things aren’t always going to be fair in the real world, that’s just the way it is but for the most part you get what you give. Let me ask you all a question. What’s worse: not getting everything you wished for or getting it but finding out it’s not enough? The rest of your life is being shaped right now with the dreams you chase, the choices you make and the person you decide to be. The rest of your life is a long time and the rest of your life starts right now."
― Haley James Scott, One Tree Hill



God Bless & I wish you all the best,
simply L

0 love notes: