Saturday, December 20, 2008

forgiving love,,,

"Forgiving is love’s toughest work, and love’s biggest risk. If you twist it into something it was never meant to be, it can make you a doormat or an insufferable manipulator. Forgiving seems almost unnatural. Our sense of fairness tells us people should pay for the wrong they do. But forgiving is love’s power to break nature’s rule." — Lewis B. Smedes

It’s not until the one you love hurts you that you know TRUE love, the power of it and all that it entails. It’s not until that moment your heart is broken and your eyes are blurred from tears do you realize how much love you had set side for that person. So you have all this LOVE and hurt, while your love walks away. How can you not hate them, wish ill harm, karma, or just wish them back in your arms. We’ve all been there, most of us pulled threw, a better person, stronger, wiser; but some remain bitter, regretful, and full of hate.

The truth is you can’t fully move on from someone, someone you loved until you forgive then fully, until you are able to free your heart of hate for them. It’s a hard thing to do, almost seems impossible, to forgive someone who has hurt you deeply, almost to your soul. How can you just let that go….
But reality is anger keeps you trapped, and bitterness gives that person power over you and your life.

To everything there is a season,
a time for every purpose under the sun.
A time to be born and a time to die;
a time to plant and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
a time to kill and a time to heal …
a time to weep and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn and a time to dance …
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing;
a time to lose and a time to seek;
a time to rend and a time to sew;
a time to keep silent and a time to speak;
a time to love and a time to hate;
a time for war and a time for peace.


I do believe that God bring people into your life, for a reason for a purpose and that’s it. He brings us people to teach us lessons, helping us to grow, and live. If you think about people in your pass you are sure to see that each one of these people have helped shape and mold you into the person you are today. beyond the pain, I don’t regret you, I just wish you were still here…

It’s amazing how you can meet someone and at that very moment wonder how you ever got along without them…. Sometimes I wonder if at another time, a different place, better situation and circumstances, we would still be. Without all the hang-ups, let downs, lies, secrets, and undercover bullshit. I guess I was right the first time around; we were made from another life. …Still my soul aches for you

“You say you care, and I know you do…
But this is from my experience,
and my conclusion only makes sense.
Just cause I love you, and you love me,
It doesn’t mean that we’re meant to be.” – Jaz Sullivan

Love isn’t enough.
At one point in time I believed and thought it was but truth is, it isn’t. Just because you love someone doesn’t mean you two belong together. Just because you say, “I love you” doesn’t mean it’s fate. It takes more then just love to make a relationship and keep it. The truth is love doesn’t last forever and I know that you can fall in love and just as easy fall out. It doesn’t matter how hard you try, what’s meant to be will be, you can’t force faith and you can’t change destiny. It’s clear just cause I love you and you love me doesn’t mean will ever be.

“You’re everything I thought you never were
And nothing like I thought you could’ve been
But still you live inside of me
So tell me how is that?
You’re the only one I wish I could forget
The only one I’d love to not forgive
And though you break my heart, you’re the only one
And though there are times when I hate you
Cause I can’t erase
The times that you hurt me
And put tears on my face
And even now while I hate you
It pains me to say
I know I’ll be there at the end of the day” –Beyonce

It’s amazing how someone could break your heart and you could still love them with all the little pieces. How you could forgive them ever so quickly if they came crawling back. How you can cruse their name and love there existence in the same day. The things of love make no sense at all, you hurt the ones you love most and take advantage of all they give. I long for you and at the same time I hate you. At times I wish I never meant you and other times can’t stand that I can’t remember, your scent, your laugh, the sound of your voice.

As important as it is to forgive it’s just as important to remember that your not made of carpet therefore shouldn’t let anyone walk all over you and your feelings. It’s easy for someone to take your kindness for weakness and take advantage of the fact that you love them enough to forgive them. I guess it comes down to this, forgive but never forget. Situations change but people don’t. You have to remember that next time your heart tries to out smart your mind. They did it once they’ll do it again. Simple enough don’t make someone a priority who only labels you an option. Trust that what’s done is already done, because you can forget what someone did but you will never forget how they made you feel.

0 love notes: