Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Day the Earth Stood Still


So I went to the movies last night with Monica and X. We seen the day the earth stood still, wasn't on my list of movies to watch but Moni's choice so we did and I can say I'm sooo glad we did!! The movie was well put together and had such a TRUE message. Plus I adore Jaden Smith, he was so amazing in this movie, he is truly filling papa's shoes.

I first fell in love with him in the pursuit of happiness, I thought his acting skills were great and beyond his years, seeing him now, a tad older and again acting skills on point. The graveyard scene killed me that little face crying was heartbreaking. He made the movie for me.

Beyond that, the story is like this, Americans truly ALWAYS want to blow shit up for 1, it's never a thought out thing for us, and it’s all about trying to get an easy fix to shit, trying to use intimation and massive weapons as a simulation to everything. Instead of LISTENING!!

It touched on the fact that, we, as humans ARE destroying earth. And truly nothing anyone says, does, seems to make a difference in the way we live. Yes the movie pointed out there is another "side" to us but you know that's no always enough, in this case it was and ended in a happy ending, Keanu let us live.

Great movie, worth the money, peep it if you haven't already.

0 love notes: