Friday, December 26, 2008

CD Reviews (just for Active)

Two of my last buys were John Legends, Evolver and Musiq Soulchild, On My Radio. The following is MY opinion and feelings on their latest drops. My two pennies;;

First up - On My Radio
I heard several of the tracks off this album before it even dropped, so I knew from the get go it was going to be a little different then the Musiq I’m use to, a little less R&B and more so on the POP side. Once I popped the CD in the first track that hit me was Back Again instant hit, loved it,; great beat, Catchy hook, and not to mention I can so relate to the lyrics. My other favorites on the album were, If you leave, Dear John, Money Right, Someone, and Radio. Overall the album is ok, it’s definitely not a flow through CD, I skipped tracks along the way. Both worth a listen and a burn, so save your dollar and send me a holla, I’ll send you a copy.


Next, Evolver Legend’s latest. I’ve loved everything JL has come out with; I’m a HUGE fan and Iove his voice and music. I was really hyped for this CD. So it’s not news that Evolver is currently my favorite CD, I listen to it every day! It’s definitely a CD you can listen to all the way threw and repeat a lot of the tracks. My favorite tracks include; of course Green Light, It’s Over, Everybody Knows, No other Love, This Time, Satisfaction, and If You’re Out there. But really I love the whole CD, he added a lot more upbeat/dance tunes on this one and that’s ok but I love the slow, lovey dovey R&B ish. Most Def go out and buy, download, or burn if you haven’t already. Worth the $$$ and worth the listen. I must add Get Lifted is STILL my favorite album!!

So those were my pennies take em or leave em either way you still read em. Ha.

I'm currently test driving Jamie's "Intuition" so far so good once I get a better feel, I'll holla. Speaking of Foxx I can NOT wait till this movie comes out I've been thinking about it since I seen the previews @ Family that Preys. If you haven't heard about it or seen the trailer, peep below.
"The Soloist" with Robert Downey Jr. It's based on columns written by Steve Lopez of the Los Angeles Times and the real-life story of Nathaniel Ayers, a homeless musical prodigy, who battles severe mental problems. The movie is set to debut in Spring 2009.

0 love notes: