Saturday, December 27, 2008

are you a good person?


I just finished watching Seven Pounds, I had gotten mixed review from friends but like ALWAYS had to see it and make my own judgment. I love Will Smith and EVERY movie he has ever done, I was thrilled when I first peeped the previews to this film and was madd excited to watch it. So now in light of THIS IS MY BLOG, I will proceed to give you my motherly two pennies of what I think and thought of this flick, brace yourself, I have a lot to say heh.

Seven Pounds may be the most spiritual and moving film of the year and in a long time, in my opinion. I cried, smiled, and clenched my heart thee entire time. It made you think, in order to enjoy. I push you to WATCH IT and then watch it again.

Will plays Ben, a man with a deep, dark secret that leads him help seven complete strangers, each with their own particular set of circumstances. Constructed like a jigsaw puzzle, we slowly get clues to the traumatic events that cause Ben to contact these people and change their lives in ways they never could have anticipated. What he doesn't expect is to fall in love with one of them, Emily Posa played by Rosario Dawson, a cardiac patient whose heart may be weak but is clearly strong enough to make a difference in the way Ben looks at things. It's this relationship that becomes the center of Grant Nieporte's compelling screenplay, but as it continues it's obvious there is more to what Ben is doing, a mystery not revealed until the final moments and one you will not easily forget.

Many folks seemed not to care for the film and/or the plot. I think one of those reason is that people hate to think; they go to the movies and watch movies mainly for entertainment. The fact that this flick had you thinking all the way through the film made a lot of people think it was too long and farfetched. Also I believe people don't like to believe that good is possible, there is so many ways to hate that people tend to forget that even though you've been hurt, there is ALWAYS someone out there who has it worst then you. This film bring awareness to the fact that good things happen to good people all the time, is it realistic to think that someone is watching even when you don't think? Although the storyline maybe two steps away from ever happening, it's heartwarming and well told non the less. Have heart people, have heart.

Will Smith is at his best. He may just may be the top movie star at the moment, but he's continually proving himself to be a brilliant actor as well. Reteaming with director Gabriele Muccino, who led him to a Best Actor Oscar nomination in The Pursuit of Happyness, Smith once again finds his dramatic mojo in the role of a man whose life has been shattered by something so profoundly affecting that he reaches out to strangers in an effort to redeem himself. You will be hard-pressed to find the loveable Will Smith persona anywhere within this character. Dawson also does a stunning job at playing Emily. She's at her best in this one, delivering a flawless and luminous performance not to mention the fact that she's beaming with beauty.

Acting plus storyline equals Brilliance, I loved it and plan on watching it again, buying the DVD and enjoying it over again. hehe. That's just me and I'm a sucker for love storys, not so happy ending (because it's real life), and Will Smith. So those are my pennies, take em or leave em either way you still read em. BTW Active how could you not love this movie...have heart.

0 love notes: