Sunday, November 23, 2008

let live

"You have to go the way your blood beats.
If you don't live the only life you have,
you won't live some other life,
you won't live any life at all."
-James Baldwin


Lately my mental is neither here or there. Yes most of my time is preoccupied a lot of the time, leaving zero time for one’s mind to wander much. Oh but when it does, man, does it go. The main topic of choice is myself, my life, my outcome, my future, my past, just going in circles reliving, rethinking, what is, what has become of my life and me. From who I was to who I am now and how I got this way. Thinking of the what if, would haves, could ofs. ALL DEADLY things to fuse with. Because in reality it is just that, REALity. Most of us wish we could do certain things differently in our life, or never done it at all. But is there truth to the sane, “if it weren’t for your past you wouldn’t be where and who you are now”, being that if you would eliminate some of your lifes factors you wouldn’t be standing where you are now? Well isn’t that the point? It’s like learning something new, you think to yourself, “damn, if I only knew this 2 months ago” I guess it just doesn’t work that way, we learn as we go, grow from our mistakes, and mature from the conquests of our actions. We could waste our life away “wishing” things were different or we had done things differently but in the end that’s all it is, wishing and wasting. All we have is what’s in front of us, the cards have been dealt and all that’s left to do is play them and make it good this time around. Just because it’s not the way you thought or wanted it to doesn’t mean it can’t be great!


It seems I keep having to remind myself of this everyday, that although I’m not where I want to be, doesn’t mean it wont happen later. I can’t just give up on dreams and goals that I’ve had just because things didn’t go in a straight line, life is about craves, bumps, and turns. Sometimes we have to make a couple u-turns before we learn that yellow means slow down not speed up. It takes up to much energy being regretful and frustrated about your life. When in the mean time you could just be making the most of it. It’s not perfect and it may never be, but it’s all we have. Might as well live it, embrace it, make the most of it, and enjoy it.

If we don’t push our self to the limit we will never see what we are truly capable of. The struggles we face will make us stronger once we have overcome them. And of course there is that line, “things could always be worst”.

In the end James Baldwin says the words that speak to my heart, giving me much inspiration;

"You have to go the way your blood beats.
If you don't live the only life you have,
you won't live some other life,
you won't live any life at all."



It is not until we have fully, laughed, loved, gave, indulge, sang, cried, longed, and danced that we have lived. Make the most of today because tomorrow is to late and may never come. We have to love the life we live
It’s the only one we got

2 love notes:

HEARTLESS said...

omg .... god rest his soul mc breed was huge. rep'd VENICE and put uson the map. R.I.P u will not be forgotten

HEARTLESS said...

hmmm ur words are deep. jus as ur pain. sorry lub for ur troubles. but ur right this our tragedies today will be our triumphs tomorrow. love u