Thursday, October 23, 2008

top to bottom


Last week, T.I. was on top of the world. He landed his 3rd straight #1 album with Paper Trail, as the record debuted at #1 on the sales chart by selling 568,000 copies and brought T.I. his biggest sales week ever. Meanwhile, he also sits at #1 and #2 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart with "Live Your Life" and "Whatever You Like." But despite the fact that things are going so well with his career, the Rapper still has a year of jail time in his future. Earlier this year he pleaded guilty to illegal weapons possession and was sentenced to seven months of house arrest, 1,500 hours of community service and one year in prison, which he begins serving in March.
When asked by CNN if he is scared about going to jail for a year, T.I. responded, "I wouldn't describe it as fear. I would describe it more as concerned. Concerned, and I am a little anxious. Sooner I get started, sooner I get finished." T.I. added that for his community service, he has been getting people to register to vote, encouraging young kids to respect one another, and stressing the value of education.
"I have a lot of people to make proud. Even the government - the people in the government who stood up for my conditions to be the way they are, rather than the way a lot of people wanted them to be," T.I. said. "The last thing I want to do is let them down. Let's just hope he has learned his lesson, the man is amazing and is wasting his talent by doing dumb ish such as this, but after reading many interviews about all this mess he seems to have it all together, respecting the fact that he knows, "gotta do the time for doing the crime".
always love <3

0 love notes: