Saturday, October 25, 2008

I am superwoman, just not your superwoman...

Good morning bloggers;
After working till about 9:30ish last night, a whopping 13hrs…
I have to say I enjoyed myself; being with my coworkers is more like being with my best friends and family. I love them to death. So all in all it wasn't a bad thing. Had plenty of laughter and always-great convo & food. Anyhow I got to thinking about all the stuff that's been clouding up my head lately and the contrast between being "superwoman" and being someone’s "superwoman", there is a FINE line between the two. I mean really most of my life, even at times now I find myself doing things because it's what others expect of me and want from me... It's hard to live up to some people's standards or even standards you set for yourself ridiculously high, some men will never reach. This song from Karyn White, is amazing, I remember singing my heart out to this song every time my mom or sister would play it when I was about 8 or 9, I would even act it out haha, yes even back then music was my get away. I still remember all the words.


I've been blessed with amazingly supportive people who do nothing but give me that redbull boost and labeled me superwoman! It's an incredible feeling knowing that people see you as this woman who can do any and everything in a breeze. Being a single mom and dealing with young adult life on top of it is horrendous but everyday I push to succeed and be the best me I can be for my boy and me. Truth is it's hard for me to think of myself as this "superwoman" everyone else seems to see. I cry, I bleed, I fall, I fail, I get weak and want to give up but I NEVER DO. I keep pushing, keeping the hustle, and never losing face....
The truth is, “I can’t be this superwoman that you want me to be…” I’m my owe women and I do what I do to please me, at least I try to live that way, being a people pleaser that’s not always the case and easy for me to do. But in the end, “even when I’m a mess, I STILL put on my vest with an S on my chest, OH YES, I’m superwoman..” FOR ME, not you or anyone else!!

I’ve might of rambled on and made NO kind of sense but if you listen to this Alicia Keys song, and really LISTEN to the words the melody and you’ll see where I’m coming from. The depths of my soul and aches of my heart….

“cause no one knows me underneath these clothes…”

0 love notes: