Sunday, August 10, 2008

Rest In Peace.

Soul music legend Isaac Hayes dies aged 65.

ISAAC Hayes, the legendary singer, and songwriter who composed the award-winning theme for the film Shaft was found dead at his home, aged 65.

Hayes' wife Adjowa and their young son found him unconscious on the floor near a treadmill, which was still running, at their home in Memphis, Tennessee.

He was taken to hospital but pronounced dead in the afternoon. Initial reports suggested he had suffered a "simultaneous" heart attack and stroke.

Mr Hayes had suffered a stroke in 2006.


Original King comic actor Bernie Mac dead at age 50

Actor/comedian Bernie Mac passed away from complications due to pneumonia in a Chicago area hospital.

The comedian suffered from sarcoidosis, an inflammatory lung disease that produces tiny lumps of cells in the body's organs, but had said the condition went into remission in 2005. He recently was hospitalized and treated for pneumonia, which his publicist said was not related to the disease.



"The world just got a little less funny," said Oceans 11 co-star George Clooney.

Another Oceans franchise star, Don Cheadle, threw in his reaction upon hearing of Mac's death:

"He brought so much joy to so many. He will be missed but heaven just got funnier."

"Bernie Mac was one of the best and funniest comedians to ever live, but that was the second best thing he did. Bernie was one of the greatest friends a person could have," noted fellow comedian Chris Rock.

"Losing him is like losing 12 people because he absolutely filled up any room he was in."

Cedric the Entertainer, who shared the marquee with Mac and two other black entertainers during their Kings of Comedy tour, praised his friend as "one of the comic masters of our time."


'The level of his talent always inspired me and other comedians to bring their A-game.'

—Cedric the Entertainer

"His comedic approach was his own brand and will definitely stand the test of time. The level of his talent always inspired me and other comedians to bring their A-game. I promise you that you never wanted to be the guy who had to follow Bernie's set."

"I feel blessed to have shared years of friendship with Bernie Mac," said Samuel L. Jackson, who has just completed filming musical comedy Soul Men with the star.

"My sincere prayer is that his family will be comforted by the warmth of love from all of us who knew and respected this man."

"[It] is such a major loss to the acting and comedy communities," Mac's former co-star, Niecy Nash, told Usmagazine.com in a statement.

Nash, 38, played Mac's little sister, Benita, on The Bernie Mac Show, which aired from 2001 to 2006. She praised his "genuine spirit," which he brought to work.

"When I showed up to work, he said something to me that had never been said to me on a set before. He said, 'Baby girl, the script here is not the Bible. Do you and I'll follow. I got mine, you get yours.' When he said that, I knew everything was going to be all right. I was happy to have the freedom to make up some funny with him. It was simply delicious."




Damn! Life is too damn short and not promised to a single soul. That quick we can lose the ones we love, admire, respect, trust, adore, including ourself.
Tomorrow is to LATE, say I love, I'm sorry, forgive me, I forgive, don't leave, I'm still here, I appreiate you, I need you..... TODAY,
tomorrow waits for no man.

LOVE RESPECT and APPREIATE one another.

I love you all, lala

0 love notes: